Newbies to Bariatric Surgery

Options
BetrGetThin
BetrGetThin Posts: 3 Member
Hi! I had RNY on 5/19/16 and would love to connect with some like minds and situations for motivation and encouragement. I'm down 29lb in 6 weeks.

Replies

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome and congrats on the loss so far!!
  • Bluemajestic
    Bluemajestic Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Had RNY on 5/2/16! Welcome!
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! :smiley:
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great group - you'll get tons of support here. :smile:
  • krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello! I had my RNY 3/3/16. Welcome to this awesome group. I'm always looking for new friends, so feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:
  • Keikix3
    Keikix3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I've had a sleeve done June 21 and am doing really well with it, except I have not figured out how much I can really fit in and have had a few episodes of food backing up (I guess that's what it is). I don't throw up, but it is uncomfortable. Any hints how to tell this is going to happen before it happens?? Thanks so much. I am enjoying reading and meeting you too. You have a ton of information to share!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @Keikix3 Eat more slowly. You should feel the restriction if you are taking 15 - 20 minutes to eat. Right now, measure your foods too. Always measure and weigh. That way you know you can't take too much because it's all set for you. Start low. If you eat it all and feel no restriction, wait 10 minutes and have a little more.
  • Keikix3
    Options
    Thanks Nicole, I think I am forgetting to eat and drink slowly. Its really hard to break old eating styles I am finding, and maybe that is why I am have this issue! I do measure the foods, but at this point it seems like a very fine line between enough and just a little bit more that causes this feeling of food backing up. So far I don't seem to know what the restriction feels like, I must be passing that stage somehow.
  • KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi! I had the Gastric Sleeve on 5-31-16 and am just over 5 weeks out. My health is definitely improving..I am off all blood pressure meds since week one, and I have been on them for 10 years. I am down 37 lbs and am enjoying that also. I can't say I'm to the point where I'm sooo glad I did this, but I am getting there day by day. I had researched this and talked to friends/cousins that had the same surgery for the past four years and then I decided to just do it! From what I hear, a day will come when I'm completely happy with my decision and have no regrets, but I'm waiting patiently on that. :) I think my struggle is definitely more mental and has a lot to do with missing my old eating habits and old foods! When I start to miss those, I remind myself that I did this to be a healthier more active mom, wife, daughter, etc... would love to have more wls friends...feel free to add me!
  • gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I had my RNY Gastric Bypass on February 10, 2015. Welcome!
  • EatinRight4Ever
    EatinRight4Ever Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had my lap band surgery on July 6th 2016. So far so good!! I would love to have more wls friends so feel free to add me!
  • 88becks
    88becks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had RNY on 5/19/16 and would love to connect with some like minds and situations for motivation and encouragement. I'm down 29lb in 6 weeks.

Well done. I've had my sleave in April 2016. About 3stone off... but my scale kinda broke and i just keep measuring myself once a month or so
  • nancydhu
    nancydhu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi There...I just had mine on June 7, 2016. I'm so happy to find others on myfitnesspal that have gone through the same thing!!! :-)
  • salinasg1
    salinasg1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So glad to find that I'm not alone. I had the sleeve done on July 6, 2016 and ask myself why?? I didn't think it would be this hard. I ended back at the ER because of dehydration and a port infection. Today is actually one of my best days so fur. I'm having such a hard time sipping on things. It hurts so bad. I'm barely getting 1 shake down a day. And I see food and want it, I believe its more mind over matter since I can barely drink never mind eating something.
  • Keikix3
    Options
    Please be in touch with your surgeon, I don't think it should be hurting you this much. Try thinning the shakes if you are using ready made, I found them impossible to drink at first. I had my sleeve 6/21 and also got dehydrated. I found jello, popsicles and iced tea were the easiest to get down the first week or so. Let us hear how you are doing, ok?
  • Rocshae
    Rocshae Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am having VSG on 07/26/2016 and would love to have support from MFP friends. I have been reading several of the forums and unfortunately several of them have very negative views on WLS. I was hoping for more positive as I am having a lot of anxiety leading up to the surgery. Any help and/or advice would be very much appreciated.
  • NoMinimom
    NoMinimom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm going through the 3 month medically managed weight loss required by my insurance in preparation of VSG surgery in October/November. I joined to see long term success stories and prepare myself for life after surgery. Any and all advice is more than welcome!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    @Rocshae and @NoMinimom Welcome! You've found the right place. We've all been in your shoes. This group is the best. Read through old threads, and ask questions. A wealth of information!

Good luck!
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I had my surgeries Jan 26th 2016. I had a hernia repaired, gallbladder removed and the sleeve.I have my 6th month followup coming up on July 25th. It is nice to see some new people on the site.