Great timing 6 week challenge

Options
jmaypole
jmaypole Posts: 6 Member
Have not used my fitness for some time but after returning from holiday and gaining 2.7 kilos I decided to re-join. Currently weigh 63 kilos but would like to be 57 kilos. I am 5ft 3 ins and 63. Hoping this group with a six week challenge and realistic weight loss will push me on.

Replies

• tams644
    tams644 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    been MIA from myfitness pal really looking forward to this 6 week challenge really hoping to lose 15 lbs before summer is over
  • rushmermh
    rushmermh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great idea. Today is just my second day on MFP and my first lifestyle change is to keep a daily food journal (which I hadn't done for years before yesterday). I also want to walk more and drink more water. Those are my goals for these 6 weeks (in addition to the 10 pound weight loss goal). Best wishes everyone!
  • pitaroyal
    pitaroyal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just back from my vacation, too. Heavier. Darn all of that Italian pasta and pizza. So time to begin anew. Goal for this week is to write in the food diary. Never been good at that. And, get through the jet-lag, which gets tougher as I get older. So, here I begin.
  • MQ0811
    MQ0811 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Let's do this! I have increased my protein intake and decreased my carb intake. I've lost 3 pounds in three weeks. Ten pounds in 6 weeks is a bit extreme, but I will try!
  • carlamber
    carlamber Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I've been off MFP for a while, my goal is to lose 10-15 lbs before I turn 40 in October. Perfect timing, nice to meet you all, we can do this!
  • nzockron
    nzockron Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just came back from holiday in Rarotonga and cannot fit into anything! Worst of all is that I feel heavy and lethargic.
    I want to loose at least 10kg (It will take more than 6 weeks) but I am sure that the 6 weeks can be the start of a fantastic permanent change.
  • NitraSongstress
    NitraSongstress Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been gone for a few months, and I'm so glad to login and see this challenge!! I need all the motivation and support I can get!!!!
  • evonnejanae
    evonnejanae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    looking to lose 15lbs to reach my goal weight! excited for this challenge!
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Please add me also. I haven't been keeping track or exercising well lately and need motivation. My 6 week challenge would be to lose 7 pounds.

7/11/16 - 206
    7/18/16
    7/25/16
    8/1/16
    8/8/16
    8/15/16
    8/22/16

Goal for 8/22/16 - 199
  • jmaypole
    jmaypole Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just made a really tasty pasta salad dish. Not so good if you are trying low carb but I feel some carbs are needed at dinner to feel fuller.
    Used Fusilli pasta, Tesco superfood grains chilled which has quinoa, grains, beetroot, Edamame beans. Threw in Tesco Edamane and pea salad, pomegranate and a little salad dressing. Good with salad leaves, had this with salmon.
  • ac_astwood
    ac_astwood Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm really happy to see this challenge today. Started low carb high fat at the end of April along with regular walking and other exercise and have lost about 18lbs. Unfortunately weight loss has come to almost a standstill and I still have 20 lbs to go. Looking forward to the teamwork and encouraging each other
  • she800hunter2014
    she800hunter2014 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends for encouragement and motivation. Add me as a friend if your interested.
  • cjanib
    cjanib Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am in for the challenge starting today as well. I am looking to lose 3-4 lbs, currently at 131lbs and feel like 127 would be a realistic goal for 6 weeks since I have a vacation in between which is always tricky to navigate. Looking forward to it!
  • ciccia123
    ciccia123 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! There are so many of us in the same boat. I woke up today to find you all! I'm very excited and feeling very motivated to stay on track. We can do it, let's become focus and stronger physically and mentally.
    Feel free to ask for my friendship! :)
  • Pepyet
    Pepyet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Although, I need to lose a lot more that 10 lbs, I am REALLY looking forward to this challenge. I'm going to continuously make small obtainable goals until I reach my ultimate goal --- to lose 40 lbs.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi Ciccia , Thanks for starting group . I do know the program works because I have done it before . Because of some health issues and inactivity my weight came back . My goal is to log food and hit calorie numbers that programs tells me to eat ( right now 1500 cal a day ) . One step at a time .
    7-11-2016 252

Ted
  • PantoneRed
    PantoneRed Posts: 40 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey Hey All! Been with MFP for three months and have done well (-12lbs) but have been slacking all of June and need to ramp up again. Thank you Ciccia for the kick in the butt!
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Anyone watching the new Naked And Afraid XL ? So far watching all those naked starving people make me hungry lol or thankful ..
    Hang in there ..day 2
  • lily78
    lily78 Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Excited to get started on this challenge!
    I need help keeping motivated..I'm hoping this is my answer.
    Need to eventually lose 30 lbs, but small short term goals seem more manageable...
    H: 5'3"
    CW: 155
    GW: 145
  • orlyja
    orlyja Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CR- 127
    GW- 117
    H- 5'1
    I am very excited for this challenge!! Also I am starting to train for a half marathon. It is crazy!! What do you eat before and after exercising? If I have breakfast before I feel very heavy and can't run. But if I don't eat anything I feel bad too. I am trying with half apple before with a tsp of pb. Any suggestions?