anyone else over 50yr old?

Options
katybeattie
katybeattie Posts: 5 Member
just wondering if anyone else in group is over 50? I've weight trained since I was 21 and after 30 years I feel like I've lost interest. I'm a PT so know what i SHOULD be doing, but need to find some new motivation before 3kg gain turns into 10kg. I've never had 'fat' and 'skinny' wardrobe and don't plan to start!! If you feel in a similar situation I'd love to hear from you. I plan on increasing veg intake and reducing processed carbs. I've ordered David Gillepie's 'Sweet poison quit plan' so would also love to chat to anyone who has dropped sucrose and changed to dextrose instead.

Replies

• jmaypole
    jmaypole Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes over 50, I am 63, I follow anything that is healthy eating, eat only fish with lots of salad. Only exercise (as I am retired) is walking the dog and the usual things around the home. I think a quick fix detox to get you started is great but a healthy eating plan that you can sustain is a good option, nothing faddy.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    yes im over 50 as well , no where near in shape . just hitting goals that My Fitness has set for me to loose weight . I like fruit and my biggest problem is sugar is always high
  • PantoneRed
    PantoneRed Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    52 and a half!
  • LadyForbes1
    LadyForbes1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not only over 50... but over 60.. just celebrated my 62nd birthday, and I don't feel a day over it!! :)
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Ladyforbes
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Will be 50.
  • ac_astwood
    ac_astwood Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yep. 56. Used to enjoy weight training, but just starting back and hate having to use much lighter weights than before. I have dropped sucrose and was using dextrose in my black bean brownies. However, dextrose is only two thirds as sweet as sucrose but is isocaloric so I end up having to use more to attain the same level of sweetness while increasing my calorie intake. Because I am trying to lose weight, i have just ditched all sugars (and artificial sweeteners) as much as possible. I do, however, have a couple servings of fruit a day.
  • katybeattie
    katybeattie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's the getting back into it that I'm finding hard. This week I have logged food everyday and I've realised just how many 'extras' I've been eating without even realising. A couple of biscuits with my coffee , a couple of times a day. Portion sizes, extra slice of toast....I'd forgotten how it all adds up. I'm weighing in tomorrow, but not expecting any change as this week has really been about getting my head around it.