Pokemon Go!

Options
guinevere96
guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
No topic here yet on Pokémon Go??? You guys are slacking :-P

Seriously though, thoughts? Opinions? I know servers are up and down but that's to be expected this early on, but what I was able to play of it was so so so so fun.

Replies

• ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded this yesterday. I caught 4 Pokemon this morning at work. It is kinda fun and I'm not even into Pokemon. I downloaded it because my kids are and I thought it would help all of us get moving.
  • guinevere96
    Options
    ptsmiles wrote: »
    I just downloaded this yesterday. I caught 4 Pokemon this morning at work. It is kinda fun and I'm not even into Pokemon. I downloaded it because my kids are and I thought it would help all of us get moving.

So fun! I love the gym aspect, I see myself constantly walking up the road trying to defend my title lol.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I think aiming the pokeballs correctly has a little bit of a learning curve, but I'm enjoying it so far!

And I'm really amused that the gym I go to has like, 4-5 pokemon gyms right around it.
  • guinevere96
    Options
    I think aiming the pokeballs correctly has a little bit of a learning curve, but I'm enjoying it so far!

And I'm really amused that the gym I go to has like, 4-5 pokemon gyms right around it.

I wonder if maybe that's on purpose? This is supposed to get people more active :D
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    If you played Ingress, it's pretty similar gameplay considering it was done by the same people. Found a handy website that covers some of the basics. http://www.pokemongodb.net/
  • guinevere96
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    If you played Ingress, it's pretty similar gameplay considering it was done by the same people. Found a handy website that covers some of the basics. http://www.pokemongodb.net/

A friend of mine was just telling me about Ingress! Im definitely gonna check it out because I love this concept.
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Update: Servers were flawless for me yesterday and I spent ALL my workbreaks hunting pokemon, I think I have a problem
  • rgbmore
    rgbmore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My morning run laps around some pokestops and I caught a doduo, paras, growlithe, and ponyta during it. It was a fun way to make the miles fly by since I was waiting for another pokemon to pop up.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Currently level 14, 69 Pokemon. My highest being Vaporeon at 1134.
    Thats all I got atm lol.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    Options
    I think my lower back pain I've had for 2 days is cause of this. If not I'm blaming the app anyway.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Found out the other day that this game works great when you go grocery shopping! If you play Pokémon Go while shopping, you avoid temptation of buying naughty things like cookies, cakes, and doughnuts since you are so focused on the game and don't see the other stuff. XD
  • guinevere96
    edited July 2016
    Options
    rgbmore wrote: »
    My morning run laps around some pokestops and I caught a doduo, paras, growlithe, and ponyta during it. It was a fun way to make the miles fly by since I was waiting for another pokemon to pop up.

YOU CAUGHT A GROWLITHE???? Im so jealous, growlithe is my favorite pokemon and I cant find them anywhere here, where do you live??

****Edit, im not a creeper, was a little too enthusiastic lol. My bad
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Another update:

I walked for a full hour an a half, 2.95 miles, catching pokemon. I caught like 50 magikarp downtown because someone lured 7 different pokestops.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    Options
    Managed to catch 3 Pikachu's last night, 3 Cubone's, Diglett, Golduck, Growlithe, Geodude, Jigglypuff, Machop, Magnemite, Rapidash, Rhyhorn, Seaking, Tentacruel, Weepinbell and another Vaporean with 1220 CP. Brings my Pokemon up to 85. Almost at level 17 as well.

I think I have a problem.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have made new friends and spent more time out and about hanging with people than we have in 2 years! It is so exciting!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I downloaded this game and tried it out...I don't think i 'get' it.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Three pokestops at the park across the street from my work, and all of them had lures on them. I had a productive lunch break.
  • guinevere96
    Options
    An elderly couple stopped me at the pier yesterday to ask "are you playing the pokemon game?" And we proceeded to talk for 15 minutes about how cool it is.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That is so cute about the elderly couple!!! I went to Walmart for my lunch break. Caught two psyducks, a 625 exeggutor, and a weeping bell that was pretty high too. I also hatched 3 eggs one of which had a machop!
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I caught a Pinsir, a Rhyhorn, and a Clefairy today. I also evolved my Pigdeotto into Pidgeot a little bit ago. This game is ridiculously fun. About half of my fiance's and my friends are playing and are thinking about walking around our town together this weekend to catch more. Apparently the more GPS signals there are in an area, the more pokemon will appear. I really want to catch a Haunter.