July Goals Thread

Options
cmchandler74
cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
It's summer! List all your July goals here.

Replies

• cmchandler74
    Options
    1. Up weight class to twice a week.
    2. Add yoga at least once a week, maybe twice.
    3. Walking three days a week minimum.
    4. See how it impacts my weight (trying to maintain) and adjust accordingly.
    5. Water water water water water.
    6. Be vigilant about my protein goals (the summer heat makes me want to cut down).
  • munchkinpsych
    munchkinpsych Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I finally have goals I want to post!

1. Make it through my 2 week pre-op liquid diet without going bonkers (started yesterday)
    2. Have gastric bypass surgery on July 11 (Woo Hoo!)
    3. Follow my post-op rules so I can avoid self-caused complications
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    1. Cardio at least 5 times a week
    2. Yoga at least once a week
    3. Strength training 3 times a week
    4. Log, log, log!
    5. Stop the grazing/snacking
    6. Be consistent with water
  • cmchandler74
    Options

1. Make it through my 2 week pre-op liquid diet without going bonkers (started yesterday)

You've got this!! We're all rooting for you.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    1. Manage the munchies (and avoid doing to myself what I did last night!).
    2. Run at least 30 miles per week (I have to travel for the next three weeks so this is a stretch goal).
    3. Complete at least 1 strength training session per week. I've been using all my time running and I'm feeling it...need to find some balance.

My 1 year check up is coming up on the 11th!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    2. Run at least 30 miles per week (I have to travel for the next three weeks so this is a stretch goal).
    3. Complete at least 1 strength training session per week. I've been using all my time running and I'm feeling it...need to find some balance.

Week 1 (3-9 July) Check-In
    1. Munchies managed.
    2. Trip cancelled! Logged a bit over 30 miles.
    3. Strength training done!

I also had a rest day which was definitely needed.

Week 2 starting off strong with 10 miles logged this morning. I'll probably be able to get in a Power Yoga class or two on my trip this week.
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    1. Up weight class to twice a week.
    2. Add yoga at least once a week, maybe twice.
    3. Walking three days a week minimum.
    4. See how it impacts my weight (trying to maintain) and adjust accordingly.
    5. Water water water water water.
    6. Be vigilant about my protein goals (the summer heat makes me want to cut down).

Not doing so great on these. The nonprofit I work with has had me hopping - haven't been to exercise class at ALL this month. While I've been doing enough walking to cover what I would normally walk three days a week, it hasn't been structured exercise.

Doing well with water.

Doing better with protein - shifting my breakfast routine helped with this.

My weight, though, is still dropping. I want to maintain so I'm not sure how to help with this except hopefully soon my body will even out. Maybe it thinks it still has some to lose. IDK.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    1. Maintain at goal weight
    2. Cardio 5 times a week
    3. Strength training 3 times a week
    4. Get 7 hours of sleep
    5. Weekend hike or bike
    6. Increase water & eat smart snacks
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options

1. Munchies managed.

Week 2 starting off strong with 10 miles logged this morning. I'll probably be able to get in a Power Yoga class or two on my trip this week.

Week 2 (10-16 July) Check-in
    1. I made some questionable choices (because braised pork cheeks are amazing! ) but no overeating.
    2. Ran 36 miles. My run time this morning was a personal best - 10 miles in 98 minutes. I also managed 2 hours on the elliptical while traveling.
    3. I didn't manage the yoga class I was planning...but my arms got a good workout on the elliptical.

I ended up with two rest days this week and traveling again next week...debating on whether I will sleep in or get up and run tomorrow.
  • munchkinpsych
    munchkinpsych Posts: 15 Member
    Options

1. I survived the pre-op diet with lots of soup and protein drinks. Lost 10 pounds during those two weeks.
    2. Had my RNY on Monday. Super rough first few days, released from hospital Wednesday evening, doing much better at home (staying with my parents for a bit).
    3. I have gotten at 64 ounces of fluids in and at least 60 grams protein each day I've been home. Have been taking several short walks outside each day. Went 3/4 mile this evening! My doctor suggested working up to two miles a day by my 2-week post op appointment.

The support from folks here and my family/friends has been wonderful. Couldn't have made it through the rough patches in the hospital without them just being there with me. It's so hard to believe I am now post-op! I started researching this surgery 16 years ago when I was 19.

• itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Options

1. I survived the pre-op diet with lots of soup and protein drinks. Lost 10 pounds during those two weeks.
    2. Had my RNY on Monday. Super rough first few days, released from hospital Wednesday evening, doing much better at home (staying with my parents for a bit).
    3. I have gotten at 64 ounces of fluids in and at least 60 grams protein each day I've been home. Have been taking several short walks outside each day. Went 3/4 mile this evening! My doctor suggested working up to two miles a day by my 2-week post op appointment.

The support from folks here and my family/friends has been wonderful. Couldn't have made it through the rough patches in the hospital without them just being there with me. It's so hard to believe I am now post-op! I started researching this surgery 16 years ago when I was 19.

Great job! Keep up the good work
  • Ultima_Morpha
    edited July 2016
    Options

1. Munchies managed.

1. I made some questionable choices (because braised pork cheeks are amazing! ) but no overeating.
    2. Ran 36 miles. My run time this morning was a personal best - 10 miles in 98 minutes. I also managed 2 hours on the elliptical while traveling.
    3. I didn't manage the yoga class I was planning...but my arms got a good workout on the elliptical.

I ended up with two rest days this week and traveling again next week...debating on whether I will sleep in or get up and run tomorrow.

Week 3 (17-23 July) Check-In
    1. Munchies managed and concocted a yummy roasted banana and peanut butter "nice" cream.
    2. Logged a bit over 35 miles + an awesome hot yoga class + 2 hours on the elliptical. I don't have to travel this week and going to try and up my miles a bit.
    3. I'm counting the hot yoga class as my strength training...

Up and at 'em early this morning to get in my run. Going for time instead of distance...trying for 2 hours this morning.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options

1. Munchies managed.

Week 3 (17-23 July) Check-In
    1. Munchies managed and concocted a yummy roasted banana and peanut butter "nice" cream.
    2. Logged a bit over 35 miles + an awesome hot yoga class + 2 hours on the elliptical. I don't have to travel this week and going to try and up my miles a bit.
    3. I'm counting the hot yoga class as my strength training...

Up and at 'em early this morning to get in my run. Going for time instead of distance...trying for 2 hours this morning.

Week 4 (24-30 July) Check-In
    1. So dang hungry...but doing pretty well with not eating uncontrollably.
    2. Very nearly FIFTY miles!!! Including two runs that were my furthest yet. An 11.5 mile on Sunday and a 12.75 mile yesterday. Most miles in a 7 day period so far.
    3. I did kettlebells and yoga this week.

Today was a much needed rest day. Looking forward to a full 13.1 mile run in August!