Options
JPH128
JPH128 Posts: 85 Member
Tell little about yourself.

Replies

• b4fifty50
    b4fifty50 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and have 17 and 19 year old sons. I am 360lbs and want to get to a healthy weight in the next 2 years.
  • JPH128
    Options
    Ms Laxy, we going to do this. Treat it like your life depends on it.
  • JPH128
    Options
    JPH128 wrote: »
    Ms Lady, we going to do this. Treat it like your life depends on it.

• christyg1975
    christyg1975 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, my name is Christy and I'm 40 years old and from St. Louis, MO. I'm currently 327 lbs and would like to get down to about 150-160. I started a low-cal/low-fat lifestyle on the 5th and I'm down 12 pounds so far!! My hindrance is that I'm a food addict and binge eater. I'm addicted to sweets, chips, and fast food. Once I start eating those types of foods I just can't stop so I've just given them up completely. I've decided to only go out to eat at sit down restaurants and only for special occasions. My other hindrance is that I really hate pretty much all fruits and veggies. I'll eat apples and oranges, and lettuce, carrots, corn and potatoes. It makes this way of eating hard. Any suggestions you have to help me are greatly appreciated!!!
  • JPH128
    Options
    Hi yall can call me Ms Julie ☺

Try make this short.

I am 49 years old, married 29, 2 grown kids and 1 grandchild as of Nov 2015.

My motivation is my 50th bday Nov 24 2016, which is creeping upon me!! My goal lose 50lbs by that day. I lost 25 of 50 so far. Honestly it wasn't easy. I had my ups and downs. Whew, hope and pray and I make tje next 25. I am carefully watching my nutrition cause I can't seem eat over 1200 cals without gaining my body does better wirh less, even exercise ! I love walking, which I slacked on. If I was walking sooner I am sure the weight would dropped more. So training my mind that I can eat 120 cals without going hungry. It helps to have in between snacks no more than 100 to 150 cals.

So here I am, here to help and get help.
  • JPH128
    Options
    Hi everybody, my name is Christy and I'm 40 years old and from St. Louis, MO. I'm currently 327 lbs and would like to get down to about 150-160. I started a low-cal/low-fat lifestyle on the 5th and I'm down 12 pounds so far!! My hindrance is that I'm a food addict and binge eater. I'm addicted to sweets, chips, and fast food. Once I start eating those types of foods I just can't stop so I've just given them up completely. I've decided to only go out to eat at sit down restaurants and only for special occasions. My other hindrance is that I really hate pretty much all fruits and veggies. I'll eat apples and oranges, and lettuce, carrots, corn and potatoes. It makes this way of eating hard. Any suggestions you have to help me are greatly appreciated!!!

Sugar always make me more hungry. maybe treat yourself to something you like once a week. I do. It helps with deprivation.

Oh and if you don't like something don't eat it. Eat the fruits you like. Eat everything in moderation. How may cals you eat? Keep within your allowed calories.

Diets don't last. Temp fix. I don't do any fad diets, not anymore. Been there done that.
  • lorimc1971
    lorimc1971 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, My Name is Lori and I am from Hallowell, Maine. Most of my life I have struggled with my weight. Some of my issues with my weight, stem from my me being too busy taking care of others, along with the fact I grew up with a narcissistic mother who was overweight and certainly could not handle a daughter who was thin. When I would loose weight and be considered "thin" in her eyes. She would call me anorexic and demand that I eat otherwise she would ground me. Needless to say I ended up with eating issues. I currently weigh 192 pounds on a 5 '1" frame, but I topped at 201 pounds and said, I am done its time for me to take care of me. So I am going back to the gym, meeting with a personal trainer and incorporate healthy living into my life.

So my hope is that MFP and the groups I am involved provide me the support and the motivation that I need to Succeed. Along with providing the same to others.
  • HeatherRyann
    HeatherRyann Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm Heather, 37 from Las Vegas. I have 3 children 9 yr old boy and 7 yr old twin girls. My highest weight was 300. My starting weight this time around was 265. I'm down to 252 as of today. Monday is my weigh in day though so hopefully it doesn't go up. My goal right now is to get under 200 and just take everyday as it comes and make good choices.
  • mellyboobear
    mellyboobear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My name is Mells, & I'm currently a college student. My goal is to lose these last 41 pounds to reach my goal! I don't have any strict rules in regards to dieting, nor not on a crucial calorie watch- i tend to go purely by listening to my body! Everyday is a new day!
  • JPH128
    Options
    Hi Melly, so you do not deprive any food groups?
  • christyg1975
    christyg1975 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    JPH128 wrote: »

Sugar always make me more hungry. maybe treat yourself to something you like once a week. I do. It helps with deprivation.

Oh and if you don't like something don't eat it. Eat the fruits you like. Eat everything in moderation. How may cals you eat? Keep within your allowed calories.

Diets don't last. Temp fix. I don't do any fad diets, not anymore. Been there done that.

My goal is to stay under 1500 calories per day, but it's really hard to even eat that many. Right now I am around 1000 to 1200 calories per day. I'm trying to cut out some extra carbs by decreasing the amount of bread that I eat and increasing the amount of protein by adding more chicken and eggs because those are low calorie. I'm also buying some more oranges and apples and eating more yogurt. Hopefully that will help with my lack of fruit. I still can't get into eating vegetables so I might try drinking some V-8 juice and just holding my nose and chugging it. I know they also had V8 splash maybe I'll try that.