VyVanse?

Options
nogivingupnow
nogivingupnow Posts: 21 Member
Has anyone ever tried VyVanse for their binge eating? If so how did it work for you? I've been binge eating for about 10 year and they only reason i'm not obese is because I use not so healthy methods to control my weight and counteract the binges. I'd like to NOT do that anymore and just eat like a normal person and not have my every thought revolve about how, when, where and what i'm going to eat next. I HATE IT!

My doctor just prescribed me VyVanse, well technically I begged her, and i'm excited to see how it works. I've read a lot of mixed reviews. Day 1 starts tomorrow.

Replies

• hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey OP! I just wanted to check with you and see how the new prescription is working. I hope all is well. Namasté!
  • denisemarielarnder
    denisemarielarnder Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I've been on Vyvanse for my BED for a little under a year now. Now that I'm on 50mg daily, it seems to be helping me slightly. My bingeing has decreased by a lot lately. My nurse says that the most 'therapeutic' dose (the doses that seem to work best for patients) is around 50-70mg. Chances are they'll start you off on a very low dose, like 20mg. It might take a while before you see / feel / notice any change. Good luck!
  • Brighid2019
    Brighid2019 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started 50mg today. I was on 20th for awhile and it didn't do anything for me. I am praying uping it will help!!
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I don't have health insurance, so my doctor prescribed me generic Adderall which is in the same family as VyVanse but not quite the same, with the hopes that it would work similarly without costing me an arm and a leg. I did have some success with it, but it was more like it gave me a "break" from the intense urges giving me a chance for me to work out tools to deal with my urges on my own. It worked fairly well, and I still take it from time to time on a day I know is going to be particularly rough. Maybe it's just placebo effect, but I'll take it!
  • purpleroxmysocks
    purpleroxmysocks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My doctor gave me Vyvanse for my ADHD and I did not notice a decrease in my binge eating at all.
  • htdavidson88
    htdavidson88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So is it helping control your bingeing during the day and evening or just the daytime? My son takes 10mg for his ADHD and I've noticed from the get go that once his dose wears off he eats like a hostage, especially at night and that's when I struggle with my binge eating is in the evenings.