Shoulder Pain GONE!!!!

Options
Tara4boys
Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
I had surgery 4 1/2 months ago to remove a bone spur that was causing me pain and limiting my range of motion and would eventually tear my rotator cuff. Bone Spur surgery is a much more minor surgery and recovery time as compared to rotator cuff surgery. I healed very slowly from my bone spur surgery and still had some lingering pain when in certain positions and especially while sleeping months later. Just last month I was considering going in for a cortisone injection but just got busy and have not bothered to call. I just realized today that my shoulder hasn't hurt me in at least a week or two!!!

I know a lot of people get some joint relief from LCHF and I certainly have my fair share of joint pain. My hip (also required surgery) is hurting me a lot right now but I think it is muscular not actual joint and my big toe is also hurting (which is an ongoing problem - another bone spur issue). I'm hoping this diet will help heal those problems as well.

What pain have YOU ditched with LCHF/Keto?

Replies

• justjoyriding
    justjoyriding Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is so cool! I was just telling everybody that my joints in my hands were kind of bothering me, especially when lifting dumbbells, and it has now stopped after a week! I have even stopped using the lifting gloves I bought because I haven't needed them for the 10 lb dumbbells. It's awesome!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Good doses of vitamin D3 taken with K2 will help declutter calcium deposits in your veins, arteries, and joints, too.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I was having terrible pain in my knees to the point it was hurting to sit or stand. It is just a dull pain now mainly if I sit too long. That is after just 10 weeks on keto! I am letting my body heal itself finally.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Once I switched over to a keto lifestyle, I eliminated daily headaches, knee joint pain (due in part to my weight - though I do still get occasional twinges now and then), and a great reduction in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) pain (went from a 7-8 every day down now to anywhere from 0.5-2). I also have the neuropathy in my feet completely controlled following this WOE so I've all but eliminated that pain too!
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Also wondering if bone broth will help with pain, due to the collagen, glutamine, etc.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I saw the big toe pain mentioned and thought gout (my husband has discovered he may have this so it is on my mind). Could be something to check.

Hmm. I have bonespurs in my hips that are bugging me. My left especially. I feel it always now. Maybe it's time for me to look into stuff like that before my joint is too badly effected.

Headaches improved some and I had some improvement with autoimmune arthritis.

To be honest, I had greater improvements a few years ago when I went gluten free for celiac disease. Going LCHF was sort of like fine tuning it.

• SherriJo5830
    SherriJo5830 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So far, the aches and pains I have accumulated over the last few years have subsided a lot since I've started low carb eating 2 months ago. Most likely due to weight loss, but this has been very satisfying to my appetite than any other weight loss attempt I've done through the years.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I used to get a lot of back pain and spasms these have all but gone now, still get occasional twinges but no where near as bad as they were - I am still getting a little bit of the pain in my stomach but this too is decreasing but hopefully will find out what is causing that next week when my test results come back - my doctor thinks it is H. Pylori inflammation so if its confirmed then will be on Antibiotics for a week to try to sort it out
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @nvmomketo - This is the podcast that talks about using up to 40,000 IU D3/400 mcg K2 to declutter bone spurs and other things related...worth a listen if you can! https://www.drberg.com/main/webinarsignup?webinar_id=5
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    This is the podcast that talks about using up to 40,000 IU D3/400 mcg K2 to declutter bone spurs and other things related...worth a listen if you can! https://www.drberg.com/main/webinarsignup?webinar_id=5

@KnitOrMiss Thank you very much! I'll listen to it today. :)
  • kmn118
    Options
    I want to try some of the supplements that Dr. Berg talks about but the cost is prohibitive. Now looking into adding the Kale shake to my regimen.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @kmn118 - If you tell us which meds you're interested in, I know I've found more cost effective alternatives - and I'm sure others have as well... Which things were you looking at??
  • kmn118
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss The D3/K2 combo, I am already taking D3, but the K2 that I looked at was 20 dollars a month. The Kale shake was 60 a month. But I am adding one thing at a time to try to gauge my body's response to them.
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The K2 I get is that Super K from LifeExtension. 90 pills, which is 3 months if you take it once per day pr 1.5 months at twice per day, is like $20. Buying larger quantities gets the unit price down further, @kmn118.

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Advanced-Complex-softgels/dp/B004GW4S0G

It doesn't have that other stuff in it - it's a liquid gel thing, whereas the other one is a capsule with powder. I've been doing it since December, and @GaleHawkins has been doing I think at least six months longer than I have... I swear by the stuff!!!! I'm in love with it... If I had to drop down to taking only 3-5 supplements, this and my D3 and magnesium would be my top 3, for sure!!!
  • kmn118
    Options
    Thank you, @KnitOrMiss ! That is much more affordable.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @kmn118 Ha, found it!!! The information I quoted about the ratios was misspoken...

Dr. Berg himself takes 40,000 I.U.of D3 and 400 mcg of K2 (form M-7) each morning.

So 10,000 IE D3, 100 mcg K2/M-7 (x4). My Super K Plus is 2700 total mcg: comprimsed of K1 - 1500 mg, K2/M4 1000 mcg, and K2/M7 200 mcg.

I was thinking total K1 and/or K2 numbers, not the M7 form of K2 Dr. Berg prefers to use, though I'm still looking for the science on the difference between M4 and M7... @GaleHawkins - did your research turn up anything on this??
  • kmn118
    Options
    Thank you @KnitOrMiss I just received my order of Super K Plus, so will be starting that. :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I hope that, like me, @kmn118, that you can feel the different almost immediately!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    My Life Extension per soft gel is 1000 mcg of K1, 1000 mcg of K2 M-4 and 200 mcg of K2 M-7. The half life M-4 is short (6 hr????) but M-7 is more like a day plus. This LE ratio is based on some research I have read I do remember and is the reason I went with LE brand.I just do one a day.

40K units of D3 may be high for most people after they get levels up to 75-90. I dropped down from 15-20K to 5K daily and retest in one month. Last year my Vit D level was just reported as >93. For cancer protection some indicated 75-90 as being the sweet spot but there is a lot less science behind what some claim to make me feel they know what they are talking about. 10K -20K may be OK for most but I would monitor Vit D and Calcium blood levels for sure at 40K. With the K2 especially the M-7 some think the risk of Vit D3 (actually a hormone and not a Vit) over dose is lower.

precisionnutrition.com/stop-vitamin-d