Anime fans?

Options
2»

Replies

• lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I just started Sword Art Online and I'm like it a lot. I'm also a huge Studio Ghibli fan! I like Cowboy Bebop and Fairy Tail as well. I'm quite picky and have a low tolerance for the squeaky female characters in many shows. :) Ooo, have you ever seen Claymore? That one is very good as well.

If you liked the Claymore anime, you should read the manga. There is soooo much more to the story.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »
    If you liked the Claymore anime, you should read the manga. There is soooo much more to the story.
    I'll have to try that next after I finish Assassination Classroom.
  • orochiwarrior
    orochiwarrior Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I need to get round to reading Claymore, I have heard the Manga is very good. I have seen the Anime and loved it.
  • Hellion83
    Hellion83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Currently watching Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma and at ep 395 of Naruto Shippuden. Most recent completed series watched is Erased... which was awesome.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey. I like anime but not so much in particular - I just throw it in amongst my other shows. So I end up watching a season or two per year maybe. Tracking everything on followmy.tv.

Big likes:
    Welcome to the NHK, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Death Note, Gurren-Lagann, and Serial Experiments Lain. Soul Eater was pretty fun too.

You guys are into Sword Art Online, eh? I dug the first arc a lot but then kinda lost interest.

Right now, in the anime slot, I've got Bakuman - season 1, and am liking it a lot so far.

• Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Erased was incredible! Easily one of my favourites!
    @feisty_bucket I completely agree on SAO. Was a great premise that faltered pretty quickly, imo.
    I just finished ReLife and that was a pretty good slice of life. It was sweet.
    Currently watching Re:Zero and its so rocking my world. Schamazing!
    The second season of Shokugeki just started so am watching that one, too.
  • fashion79
    fashion79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites include Full Metal Alchemist (both, but Brotherhood is better), Sword Art Online, Sailor Moon Crystal, Deadman Wonderland, Inukami, Noragami, and Speed Grapher.
    You like Noragami!!! It is one of my favorites EVER along Hunter x Hunter.
  • Clo747
    Options
    fashion79 wrote: »
    Some of my favorites include Full Metal Alchemist (both, but Brotherhood is better), Sword Art Online, Sailor Moon Crystal, Deadman Wonderland, Inukami, Noragami, and Speed Grapher.
    You like Noragami!!! It is one of my favorites EVER along Hunter x Hunter.

Recently started Hunter X Hunter...on ep 40something...really enjoying it! Love Gon and Killua's friendship. Mega cute.
  • Catnipp_
    Catnipp_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've just started watching Your life in April on netflix. I love anime! I really love Sailor Moon, Madoka Magica, Spice and Wolf, Dead man Wonderland, Future Diary, Devil is a Part timer, Evangelion, FMA + Many others. I'm a big fan of Slice of life dramas/romance as well as magical girl anime. I also like some mech, action and horror every once in a while.
  • Clo747
    Options
    The Devil is a Part-timer was so funny!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have any suggestions for a show for someone new to anime? I feel like so many people swear by it but I haven't been able to find a series I could get into.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Do you guys have any suggestions for a show for someone new to anime? I feel like so many people swear by it but I haven't been able to find a series I could get into.

There are a lot of big-deal classics you could start with, and I've tried most of them. But what really grabbed me the most, as an anime noob, was Death Note. It's one season and done, so not a giant time sink. The story is intense.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options

There are a lot of big-deal classics you could start with, and I've tried most of them. But what really grabbed me the most, as an anime noob, was Death Note. It's one season and done, so not a giant time sink. The story is intense.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note

Ill start with this! Thanks!
  • Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I really need to get back into watching anime. I'm just about done with what Netflix has for Bleach, and then need to switch over. I usually watch with my fiance, though he's seen the entire series. I may pop in flcl while I keep working on mock wedding stuff.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Just started watching 7 Deadly Sins and I like it well enough. Sometimes I find myself getting distracted during it through.
  • K2Sakura
    K2Sakura Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow anime lovers :smiley:<3
  • Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi hi there, K2Sakura. :)
  • Komodo_Sumatra
    Komodo_Sumatra Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yay for a pro-anime thread! Haha. :smiley: I'm all about that anime life and I enjoy the ones that make me fall in love with the characters and storylines. Comedy, Romance, Drama, Slice of Life, Fantasy, Adventure, Action, and Psychological genres are totally my jam! I'm not too fond of ecchi unless I get super invested into the series. Haha. I'm happy to meet all of you!