This is the single best diet for your overall health

Options
The author of this article, Jessica Orwig, talks about the benefits of the DASH Diet and how its focused on "balancing healthy eating and exercise as means toward a lean, strong body — for life." Check out the rest of the article at http://www.businessinsider.com/this-is-best-diet-of-the-year-from-us-news-2016-1.

Replies

• JosetteGetsFit
    JosetteGetsFit Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @ernestrodgers82 Do you know what the macros are supposed to be set at in MFP for this diet?
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    MFP won't do the DASH proportions exactly so you will have to fudge it some. Set Carbs to 55%, no problem. Next set Fat to 25%, that's 2% points below the 27% recommended. Finally, set Protein to 20%. You could reverse these if you want; Fat at 30 and Protein at 15. The draw back is you will have to reset these macros every time you enter a new weight. Hope this helps @JosetteandBill.
  • JosetteGetsFit
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wow very cool! I guessed that they were 55/15/30. I'm going to see how that goes and tweek it more on point of DASH. Thanks so much!!
  • ernestrodgers82
    Options
    Wow very cool! I guessed that they were 55/15/30. I'm going to see how that goes and tweek it more on point of DASH. Thanks so much!!

Here's a link to the proportions plus the breakout of how many servings per food type livestrong.com/article/455388-dash-diet-proportions-carbohydrates-fat-protein/
  • JosetteGetsFit
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks Earnest!! :) I'm doing the 5:2 fast and I'm going to try doing this dash on the days I don't fast.
  • ernestrodgers82
    Options
    How's the 5-2 diet going?