MFP gamer friends

Options
raine291
raine291 Posts: 14 Member
Hi! I'm an avid gamer. Into RPGs and FPSs. Recently was addicted to ark evolved, battlefront, elder scrolls. Still playing battlefield 4 since there aren't many great shooters out right now. Looking forward to overwatch. The beta was pretty cool so I will probably get it. Looking for some friends on MFP. Gamers just understand the struggle to balance our favorite hobby and staying in shape lol. As far as diet, I follow a low carb lifestyle. Just wanted to say hi and feel free to add me for support! I also love to share low carb recipes and protein shake recipes. :smile:

Replies

• megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yup. It is a struggle to balance it all. I have so many things I like to do besides gaming as well. I can't do half of the things I love. I can't even play more than one game at a time which sucks because my fiance is always wanting me to play Halo with him but I also want to play Stardew Valley. I get sad because I want to play other games but him and his friends always go back to Halo and so I gave up trying to play things like Elder Scrolls Online and such because it is boring alone. So I went back to computer gaming on games I don't mind playing alone.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I ended up buying overwatch after 2 matches. I played way too much of that beta.
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It's definitely hard to find a balance. Especially since I started lifting. Lately I've been playing games that don't require a lot of commitment.
  • cccoursey
    cccoursey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have found Diablo 3 and Battleborn to be easy junks to game. However, if I log into Fallout 4, Far Cry, or any MMO I tend to get lost for hours. Never thought I would spend countless hours in a post apocalyptic setting endlessly decorating towns and finding settlers decent clothing.

Live, Lift, Level!
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same place. For me, it's almost a psychological battle. Like when I get up in the morning and think of what I have to do all day (work, be active, cook, etc.) I actually get really grumpy and unreasonable when I find I'll have less than a couple hours left for gaming or reading or writing or whatever. It's as much of a bad habit as eating the wrong foods for me.
  • megzchica23
    Options
    I'm in the same place. For me, it's almost a psychological battle. Like when I get up in the morning and think of what I have to do all day (work, be active, cook, etc.) I actually get really grumpy and unreasonable when I find I'll have less than a couple hours left for gaming or reading or writing or whatever. It's as much of a bad habit as eating the wrong foods for me.

It is the same for me. I really don't get to do anything I want till the weekend. Then on the weekend I try to cook fast and do laundry and have time for what I want. So my fiance gets upset at me when I explode on him because he asks me to do something. Like no, do it yourself. I get tired of coming home and slaving away to cook and clean up before bed while he comes home and plays Halo. Then the weekend comes and he sleeps in and plays more Halo. I wake up around 7 am and try to rush around and do all my chores so I can maybe play two hours of the game before he wakes up and bugs me. I really miss having time to do things I want too but he doesn't get why that makes me so grumpy. And I don't get how he cannot get that lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a few years now and I knew my gaming habits were one of many reasons I got big and heavy and was that way for the majority of my 20's. I was addicted to many games but one of my main ones was the MMORPG FFXI. If I wasn't at work, asleep, or hanging out with friends, I'd be on the game. In my late 20's I quit cold turkey on all of my gaming, focused on controlling my intake and getting exercise in for nearly 2 years. It was a bit hard at first but over time it got better as I felt the weight drop and my health improve. One of the things I found that helped is Fitocracy. It made exercising into a game and I'd challenge other Fitocracy members. I've also joined various MFP challenges people create, my most recent one I completed was a Harry Potter themed one.
    It's definitely hard to find a balance. Especially since I started lifting. Lately I've been playing games that don't require a lot of commitment.

I do this as well. I tried briefly the STWOR MMO but knew it was not going to work for me considering the time sink it can become. I stick to mostly single player games and I limit myself to 4 to 6 hrs a week.
  • megzchica23
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    I've been on MFP for a few years now and I knew my gaming habits were one of many reasons I got big and heavy and was that way for the majority of my 20's. I was addicted to many games but one of my main ones was the MMORPG FFXI. If I wasn't at work, asleep, or hanging out with friends, I'd be on the game. In my late 20's I quit cold turkey on all of my gaming, focused on controlling my intake and getting exercise in for nearly 2 years. It was a bit hard at first but over time it got better as I felt the weight drop and my health improve. One of the things I found that helped is Fitocracy. It made exercising into a game and I'd challenge other Fitocracy members. I've also joined various MFP challenges people create, my most recent one I completed was a Harry Potter themed one.

I do this as well. I tried briefly the STWOR MMO but knew it was not going to work for me considering the time sink it can become. I stick to mostly single player games and I limit myself to 4 to 6 hrs a week.

If only I could get my fiance off Halo... He plays it every day after work and all day on weekends if we don't go somewhere. He only stops to eat food with me and then back to Halo. I tried to get him to exercise with me and ask him to go for walks. But he never does anymore. I have a feeling he is going to kick himself in the butt when I get back down to the weight I was when we met and he hasn't. Which I don't care what he weighs. But you should see how he eats... it isn't healthy. I worry about his health a lot. He has no self control. He doesn't even have to be hungry, he just eats to eat. If there is food, he has to eat it all. So I just worry what is going to happen if he develops health issues and has to refrain. Like if he had my stomach issues he wouldn't make it because he wouldn't be able to cut everything out like I do. :(
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options

If only I could get my fiance off Halo... He plays it every day after work and all day on weekends if we don't go somewhere. He only stops to eat food with me and then back to Halo. I tried to get him to exercise with me and ask him to go for walks. But he never does anymore. I have a feeling he is going to kick himself in the butt when I get back down to the weight I was when we met and he hasn't. Which I don't care what he weighs. But you should see how he eats... it isn't healthy. I worry about his health a lot. He has no self control. He doesn't even have to be hungry, he just eats to eat. If there is food, he has to eat it all. So I just worry what is going to happen if he develops health issues and has to refrain. Like if he had my stomach issues he wouldn't make it because he wouldn't be able to cut everything out like I do. :(

Tell him you want to spend more time with him, if he doesnt change start going out with your friends etc, after a few early morning sneaks into bed he'll take notice.

If the cat dont behave take its food away
  • megzchica23
    Options

Tell him you want to spend more time with him, if he doesnt change start going out with your friends etc, after a few early morning sneaks into bed he'll take notice.

Lol. That wouldn't work because I would have to find friends and if I suddenly had friends and going out he would think I was cheating or something LOL Plus I always go to bed early. I'm an old person. I go home cook dinner, cuddle my cats, clean up and go to bed.
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Looking for more gamer friends here!
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My PS4 gamer tag is thekarens if anyone wants to join me.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options

Lol. That wouldn't work because I would have to find friends and if I suddenly had friends and going out he would think I was cheating or something LOL Plus I always go to bed early. I'm an old person. I go home cook dinner, cuddle my cats, clean up and go to bed.

Literally me. If I told my beau that I was going out with friends he'd be like "friends? do you mean your taking the dogs for a walk?"