I've just started eating the OMAD way on April 26

Options
OMAD549
OMAD549 Posts: 9 Member
So i've been a very casual user of MFP since 2013 when my weight was 277. My weight has slowly increased over the years and on April 26 I tipped the scales at 291. I have tried so many different diets and I've never managed to stick to anything for longer than a week. Lately diets don't seem to work at all and by chance I read something about eating one meal a day. Well I decided to give OMAD a go and a week later I am at 285. I know this is probably water loss but for me its huge as I only ever see the scales going up and not down. I have to say that I thought eating once a day would be really difficult but for me its turned out to be quite easy. Anyway I have decided to write this post and I will update my progress as I am hoping that by sharing my progress on this message board it will help me stay on track. I'm also hoping to pick up some online friends and support along the way. I am married but I am to ashamed to tell my wife what I have become and I try to conceal my body from her. I'm also aware that many people do not like the OMAD diet and although I respect people views I've chosen this diet out of the hundreds of diets available and I'm going to give it a really good go. Please encourage to me keep going and I will update my progress, I'm also keen to connect with other OMAD dieters.

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hi, OMAD549...

I appreciate you tell your story. You are certainly not alone, nor are you alone in terms of your newfound success (now matter how new). Do stick around and keep us updated. Support can be a good asset, even though it's been pretty quiet in these parts.

-Joe
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Hi, there-- it's true there are skeptics about eating one meal a day...but many people seem to feel threatened by others' eating choices, whether low carb or low fat or OMAD or whatever. I'm no fan of the new Weight Watchers Plan or Atkins, but I am happy for those for whom those plans work, and I don't feel the need to tell them why they "shouldn't" do what works for them. Intermittent fasting, particularly one meal a day, has worked extremely well for me; I lost weight steadily and easily, and although I'm only two months into maintenance, so far I'm finding it great for that also. Best of luck, and keep us posted!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! I havent been the best at keeping my diet this last month but have done enough to maintain and not gain. I lost about 40 lbs doing close to OMAD in 6-7 months and am the lighest I've been in about 18-20 years. It will work for you!
  • OMAD549
    Options
    Thanks for all the support guys, it's very much appreciated. It's also good to hear from people who have had success eating this way.
  • OMAD549
    Options
    Well it's the end of day 8 and I'm down 7.2lbs - I've had no problems sticking to one meal a day and I can't believe that I have already dropped from 291 to 283.8
  • blambo61
    Options
    The 1st week you lose a lot due to cleaning guts out and water loss. You still can get significant loses after that though. Great job! Keep it up.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Great job, my friend! Great job!
  • OMAD549
    Options
    So the weight loss slowed after the first week and jumped around a lot due to water loss and my body adjusting. I've been eating this way for one month now and I really enjoying eating omad and I'm now down 10lbs. I love this way of eating and losing weight and the weight loss no longer jumps around. Good luck to everybody who eats this way and good luck to anybody who is just starting out.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Great job! Isn't it wonderful that one can actually enjoy a particular way of eating while losing weight?
  • OMAD549
    Options
    Nevadaden wrote: »
    Great job! Isn't it wonderful that one can actually enjoy a particular way of eating while losing weight?

Yes it is wonderful and I have gone from 291 to 279.6 my next target is 269
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    OMAD549 wrote: »
    Nevadaden wrote: »

Yes it is wonderful and I have gone from 291 to 279.6 my next target is 269

You'll do that easy. Just say 250. You'll be even more stoked!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Great to hear of your progress.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Way to go!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yay, congratulations!!!
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • etherial1
    etherial1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is my first day and that sounds so wonderful. I was super busy today and didn't even realize, I'd worked the whole morning up, until 4:00 p.m. I didn't really need to occupy the day because I had my coffee and glasses of water with me, but I'm doing some mild renovations around the house before I go back to work.

I have go learn even more. I am subscribed to the OMAD video thread on YouTube, so I can learn more. Again, Congratulations!