Don't Know How To Begin?

Options
MaiLinna
MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
edited July 2016 in Social Groups
I reached my goal weight, I reached my goal size, but I'm still not happy with the way my body looks.

SW: 165 lbs
GW: 130 lbs
CW: 127 lbs
5'6"

WmHJvGw.jpg

Replies

• niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I guess you can start with figuring out your expectations to your body. Ask yourself questions like "why I don't like how it looks," "is there any way to change it," or "am I ready to change now." When you have answers to those questions, it'll be easier to carry out the rest of the plan (finding a new workout regime, change of food choice, etc.)
    I'm about the same height as you and am around my "current" goal weight for a few months now. I still ask those to myself all the time. :)
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    So have you decided what it is your don't like? Fat pockets? Muscle tone? The shape of your bones? How you perceive yourself? Some of these you can control, some you must look internally to fix! I got to my goal and was unhappy for a long time before mixing up my routine and building muscle tone and suddenly enjoying being strong and capable was more important than that tiny bit of jiggly thigh!
  • hannah_chater
    hannah_chater Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 3, 145 pounds and still jiggly, people say you look better and healthier but you know you've still got fat pockets which bother you. Currently trying a mix of weight training and cardio to try and shift some of it, along with a healthy eating plan and i am feeling much better. Hopefully will begin to see results over the next few months. Most of the time it is all in your head though and it's exceptionally difficult to get past that mind set
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Since you posted a photo of your midsection, perhaps this might help? http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach#latest

If you're not lifting weights, I'd recommend starting there. Stick with it for a couple of months and you'll be pleasantly surprised at the changes in your body.

FWIW, I'm 0.5" shorter than you and a few lbs makes a HUGE difference in how I look. I look "soft" at 127 and "toned" at 120.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options

I don't like it because I'm an artist and I study anatomy all the time. Mine isn't correct. I have a very small chest, and my stomach sticks out so much farther than my chest does. It looks horribly awkward and out of kilter. I lost all my weight walking though because I have undeveloped lungs due to a birth defect. I had to work my way up to walking in the first place, but now I'm okay with it. I can't do anything else cardio-wise though. Not without health insurance.
    ARGriffy wrote: »

Same as above. I'm just not proportioned right. Small chests need small stomachs as well.

Definitely not all in my head. I wanted to wear a cropped top with long sleeves - looked horrible.

I just started lifting, so I'll keep this in mind and keep at it. Thanks!
  • sourface75
    sourface75 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lifting would be perfect for you. Heavier weights and low reps (3-5) should be safe. Also, I just read a great book that pointed out quantity of food makes the scale move, but quality of food + strength affects body fat%. I think you still have a higher bf%, while the scale weight is not your problem. Good luck!
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 3, 145 pounds and still jiggly, people say you look better and healthier but you know you've still got fat pockets which bother you. Currently trying a mix of weight training and cardio to try and shift some of it, along with a healthy eating plan and i am feeling much better. Hopefully will begin to see results over the next few months. Most of the time it is all in your head though and it's exceptionally difficult to get past that mind set

Yes, I'm exactly these stats as well. I know I look "fine", but there are a lot of cute outfits I would love to wear that I know would look better if I was stronger and a little less. I'm trying to work in cardio when I can, but I'm running out of hours during the day. :neutral: