Status check in!

Options
2»

Replies

• cindyt472
    cindyt472 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 5 of level 1. I have only been doing it about every other day I hope to get on a better schedule next week.
  • cindyt472
    Options
    Day 6 of level 1 done yesterday.
  • jackies85
    jackies85 Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @cindyt472 I haven't been doing every day either! As long as I keep going I'm ok with doing it slowly! ☺️
  • blondiebear16
    blondiebear16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started level 2 today, and it was awful, lol!
  • cindyt472
    Options
    How bad?
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Just completed my week 2 (of 6)
    Shred level: 1
    # of shred workouts: 5
    # of other workouts: 3, (running, 20 miles total)
    Arm weights: Started this week with 4.4 lbs (2 kg), now using 6.6 lbs (3 kg) for some sets, lighter for others.

Starting weight week 2: 157.6
    Ending weight week 2: 156.8

Week 2 weight loss: .8 lbs, eating at an average of 2104 calories per day.

I upped my calories this week because I am more interested in gaining muscle, having enough energy to fuel my workouts, and am willing to lose at a slower rate.

I've decided to cut down the # of Shred workouts I'll be doing every week. Doing this video on the days that I also run, just leaves me flat. Will most likely be doing them only 3 days a week now, Monday, Wednesday and Friday's. I start level 2 tomorrow. I hope she adds some triceps work in there, because I feel like level 1 left me unbalanced. Also hoping the ab work gets more challenging. I only say this because before this video I was doing 10 minutes every other day of' Abs of Steel', and it was rocking my world. I'm tempted to start doing it again, but I really want my results to be as true as possible by using Jillian's Shred. I'm really curious what kind of results I get from doing this video.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    I started level 2 today, and it was awful, lol!

I start level 2 tomorrow...gotta admit, I'm scared!! :D
  • double_dash88
    double_dash88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've done level 2 3 times now and it's not getting any easier or more tolerable! So many planks!
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Just found this group:) Completed level 1 day 2 today:)
    I'm a little late to start;)
    SW 149
    CW 136
    GW 112?
    5'0.5 tall and still a size 10 so hoping to tone up my mid section quite a bit:)
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    Did level 1 day 3 this morning:) My legs are really sore:P I feel like if I kneel down I would probably be stuck in that position...LOL
  • 143tobe
    Options
    Did level 1 day 3 this morning:) My legs are really sore:P I feel like if I kneel down I would probably be stuck in that position...LOL

Great job getting day 3 done!! So far, what's everyone's 'favorite' and 'most dreaded' moves?
    From workout 1, my favorite was the last ab routine. I like that it hit every muscle of my abs, was challenging, yet not impossible. I also kinda loved the chest fly's (I think I liked this one so much because I got to lay down - phew!). My most dreaded was the anterior raises, side lunge. UGH.
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    Well, I've only done level one, but the side lunges with lateral arm raises are killer
  • TxTiffani
    Options
    30DS level 1 day 4 - Done! I almost got through all the side lunges with lateral raised today! I did all the lunges but had to alternate arms at the very end of the 2nd time because my arms were so tired:/ I'll get there soon...I can already do more than when I started 4 days ago!
  • 143tobe
    Options
    It's the same with me...my arms are weak on that exercise. I have to use my lowest weights for that one, and even then, it's....Are we there yet?? I've only done level 2 once, so I guess I'll know in a few days which ones I love and hate.
  • cindyt472
    Options
    Have to get restarted took time off for vacation but time to get back into it again.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    So my week 3 was a train wreck. I had an unusually hard TOM so I wasn't even to get all of my runs in that week. I also just went off the rails eating-wise. Also unusual for me, but it is what it is. This week was much better.

So week 4, my current weight is: 155.4
    I am on Level 2, day 5 so I'm halfway to 30 days!! My arms and sholders are looking better, but the problem is that all the plank moves are REALLY messing up my golfers elbow. I have an appointment next week with my doctor, I'm hoping he'll give me a shot. I really don't want to quit, because I can totally tell my body is benefiting from this video, even if I do LOATHE level 2. If it gets to hard on my elbows, I may just have to do alternative exercises when she does anything planky. How's everyone else doing??
  • cindyt472
    Options
    Started level 2 last night. What is with all the planking? I may have to go back to level 1 for a few more days I am undecided.
  • 143tobe
    edited August 2016
    Options
    cindyt472 wrote: »
    Started level 2 last night. What is with all the planking? I may have to go back to level 1 for a few more days I am undecided.

Cindy, I did level 2, 5 times, then decided to give level 3 a try because level 2 was unbearable. Surprisingly, level 3 agrees with my body more. If level 2 is too uncomfortable, give level 3 a try. I do modify a few of the moves.