GOAD on the Run

Options
nefariohdsql
nefariohdsql Posts: 17 Member
This thread is for GOADies who like to run. New runners, old runners, and even wannabe runners meet here to discuss the joys and challenges of running.

New runners - and even those just thinking about starting out - are always welcome. Our community of regular posters includes runners old and new with varying interests and goals. For many of us, running is an important part of our overall fitness and weight loss program. There's no reason to lurk here. Join the pack and tell us about your running!

Use this space to log your miles, ask questions, or post anything else related to running. Most days, the thread will pose a question or raise some issue in order to kick open the conversation, but FEEL FREE TO CHAT ABOUT ANYTHING (related to running).

Replies

• nefariohdsql
    Options
    I am a weekend warrior when it come to running. For the majority of my life I ran because I liked the activity and it gave me a chance to be outside. Are you a weekend warrior? Have any of you tried some of the organized running events?
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    In the winter months I'm only outdoors for my runs on weekends because I don't feel safe in the darkness (vision issues).

I do regularly sign up for races to stay motivated to train. Next big event is a trail marathon mid September.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I ran a ton last year because I was checking completing a marathon off my bucket list. I got pretty burnt out of running after that so I haven't been doing much outside of the 10K realm. I've got a 10K mud run coming up mid-August that I'm excited for though!
  • nefariohdsql
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I ran 8 miles this am. It was very warm and humid. I was glad to get back home and cool down.

##hdsql
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I got in a little over 11 miles this morning. I started before the sun came up. It was already 75 and so humid that my glasses were fogged nearly the whole run. I will NOT be complaining when the cold weather returns. In fact I am all ready with my ice scraper and snow brush in my car! Discovered that when I took my car to the car wash and gave it a good interior cleaning ;-)
  • nefariohdsql
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I did 5 miles in the Park this am. It seems as hot today as yesterday. A few more weeks until my next event. http://www.emeraldcityhalfmarathon.com/info.htm

#logarun
  • spospo1
    spospo1 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Trying to be a runner again. I am finishing week 2 of the C25K program. Enjoying it so far..
  • nefariohdsql
    Options
    Weekend in Review.
    How was your weekend running?