Yoga and the beast

Options
ProCoffeenator
ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
I did yoga last night and it kicked my *kitten*! It was wonderful! Shows how out of shape I am. I couldn't hold a plank, and downward dog made my arms turn to jello.
I used to love yoga! Back in the day before kids were driving my up the wall I did it every day. I missed it. Just didn't realize it until last night. So I am adding a new goal for myself.
Yoga every damn day!
Anyone want to play along with me?

Replies

• KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I was a certified yoga teacher, back in the day.

Now, even after losing ±100lbs, I can't touch my toes, even less do anything requiring upper body strength.

I'll not join you everyday but I'm trying to add a few gentle exercises twice a week. Yoga is awesome.

Best of luck!

::flowerforyou::
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I miss Yoga. I used to go twice a week with my friends, but then I got too fat to move. I'm actually thinner now than when I used to go, so maybe it's time for me to get back into it. I'll have to look for some videos online, there are no gyms or yoga studios out in the country, one of the few drawbacks to living rural... and I'm not quite ready to put on a solo hilltop yoga exhibition halfway through my countryside hikes lol.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    There are a few good yoga apps that are free to use that do guided sessions as well as some websites. I too am in the country area and don't have much access to classes and such unless I want to drive a ways out. Then it gets complicated as to the when and how with two kids and a full time job. The comforts of home are best for me!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Ooh awesome! Free fits my budget right now. Which apps do you recommend @ProCoffeenator ?

I miss my Gaiam dvds, but I sold everything I owned when I moved to Scotland.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I want to starr doing the hot box detox yoga at planet beach..i used to like 3 or 4 times a week..but its been over a month now...i fell off the train in a few different ways
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Last nights yoga session went great! I even did animal yoga with my class during work.
    My daughter was watching tv while I did my session. Rolled out my mat put my headphones on so I don't hear extra noise that will distract me. My daughter kept walking around me "mom! What are you doing!" By the time I get to corpse pose at the end she stands over me and yells "mom! That's not exercise! You are just laying around!"
    Love my kids!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I love yoga! I probably do it at least 4 or 5 times a week. It has really helped my bad back as well! I remember when I started how I thought a downward dog was SO hard, now I love the position so much...stretches all my tight muscles :) Because of my back, I don't do too many strange twists, but modify positions so I don't hurt myself! Greatest thing ever!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Need to give Yoga a try have always fancied it but never tried
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    My friends daughter picked up this challenge over a year ago. To watch her transformation has been inspiring to say the least!
    I'm loving this so far, and find myself looking forward to my sessions!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Yoga was done last night however I forgot to log it! Grumble, grumble.
  • dragonflylady94
    dragonflylady94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Haha, I just purchased two Rodney Yee dvds. I used to love Yoga and Pilates, but it has been so long since I did them! I think you have inspired me to give it a try...again!!

Have you seen the video of the man who followed Diamond Dave? Makes me cry every time I see it! Very moving and inspirational!!!!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I'll make it a goal to do at least 15 minutes of yoga every day.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    I didn't do a full yoga session last night. I was suffering with terrible pain in my left hip and my right lower leg was complaining too much! (Some days my body just protests) I did, however, roll out my mat and did some yoga stretches! Child's pose, happy baby (modified one legged kinda), cat and cow, and corpse. I purposely didn't log this session as it really wasn't so much effort.
    I'm going to break down and call my doctor today to have her go over these issues I've been having. I'm getting concerned that my right leg may actually be the results of a blood clot.
    *sigh*
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    camtosh wrote: »

How awesome is that!?!
    I added her to Instagram to follow. That truly is inspirational!
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    camtosh wrote: »

Just amazing! Thank you for the link.
    I didn't do a full yoga session last night. I was suffering with terrible pain in my left hip and my right lower leg was complaining too much! (Some days my body just protests) I did, however, roll out my mat and did some yoga stretches! Child's pose, happy baby (modified one legged kinda), cat and cow, and corpse. I purposely didn't log this session as it really wasn't so much effort.
    I'm going to break down and call my doctor today to have her go over these issues I've been having. I'm getting concerned that my right leg may actually be the results of a blood clot.
    *sigh*

Wishing you the very best of health.
    Reading your posts about yoga has got me thinking I should dedicate at least one morning to it. I used to go to a yoga class at the YMCA in Florida (lol...been a while).
    Keep it up, you are doing great!