Pokemon Go!

Options
2»

Replies

• Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Yeah I average between 7-8 mph (depending on distance) for my runs and I might as well not have the app turned on. The worse part is that what I gain is inconsistent, I get some towards my eggs but not the whole amount (or even close) and my speed doesn't really change that much. Unless the mark is somewhere around 7 mph I've got nothing.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I love the game so far! Currently on a quest to find a 10k egg, I haven't gotten one yet. Also has anyone heard the theory about how your eevee's name can effect its eeveelution? I tried it yesterday, named my Eevee Sparky and sure enough I got a Jolteon, but it could've been coincidence
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I heard the theorie Glad it works We went out for a nice walk hoping to catch some rare pokemons Unfortunately no 3or 4 G so no Pokemon for me My husband has different provider and did catch some but no rare ones But he is such a sweety, when driving home he took the Pokemon route (back roads) and I caught a new one Currently on level 13
  • bmele0
    bmele0 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Enjoying it! Thankfully, I live near a nature/cycling trail and there are lots of pokestops and gyms right near my house. It's so hot, I wouldn't normally venture out, but I have been for pokemon! I'm level 13 and working on powering up my Vaporeon, she's around 1200 right now, but I see pokemon in the 1500-1900 range all the time at the gyms.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Went to my first pokemon event the other day and a dewgong spawned, 150 people (including me) swarming towards the lake lol. It was absolutely crazy.
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard the theory the 2km eggs are more important for the rarer Pokemon?

You get lots of Ratata's and Pidgeys etc but you will find so few squirtles and pikachu's in the wild that you need to grind out the 2km eggs to get enough of them to evolve them.

Also worth noting once you get 5 or 6 Pokemon up in the 600+ range be on the look out for gyms with single lower level sub 900 Pokemon. You want to be atttacking it as you get to use up to 6 pokemon one after the other(order can be changed) to take it on and then once you've won you can take it over and put your own Pokemon in it. When you put your own in it you need to revisit it quickly then you will find a shield with a 1 in it in the top right corner of the shop. Click that and you will get 10 coins to spend in the shop. You can do this once every 21 hours so you could buy a new incubator every 15 days in theory to help with egg hatching
  • Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've slowed down a lot lately with playing (in part because we don't have a stop we can go to frequently enough to keep stocked). But with the buddy system being released and my fiance joining me a few times a week to workout, I'll be playing more again.

But we've also traveled a bit the last couple of months, so we have good hunts when we leave our local area.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I'm also excited about the buddy system and item trading. My brother gets copious amounts of pokeballs, and me less so. I'll be trading potions for balls since i never fight.

Is anyone planning on getting a pokemon go plus? I plan to get one, I think it will make my walks more productive for collecting and help with hatching eggs.
  • Lulaica
    Lulaica Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Fiance and I had talked about getting one early on (aka pre-release of the app itself), but with a lot of the changes, we've been pretty 'meh' and cooled our hooves. Especially since we're buying SuMo this year (He's getting me Sun for my birthday, I'm getting him a 3ds and Moon for his birthday/Christmas). And the more I hear about it, the less I'm excited for the features that it would add. The only reason it would be beneficial is that I could run other apps using my phone while still playing. Though from what I've read, I'm not sure how beneficial it is. Like, I'm not sure if it will long distances to hatch eggs, and from what I've read, I would still have to use my phone to catch new pokemon. So there's a lot of things that are kind of 'meh' about it for me.
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I played a bunch when it came out cause it gave me something to do while I was walking. But then it got cold and I just gave up. But now they have just released the 2nd gen Pokémon and it's starting to get warm again so I might have to give it another shot.

Let me know if yo have been playing it lately.