What's for lunch?

Options
LauraCoth
LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
I have breakfast down perfectly, and dinner is a snap -- but I struggle with my lunches and often just end up grabbing cheese when I get so hungry I have to eat something.

What do other people make or eat for lunch?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I generally do:

Scrambled eggs with sharp cheddar (I use heavy cream whipped in), butter, himalayan salt, and nutritional yeast. Sometimes I'll add a meat like ham, sausage, or ground beef. If I do that, I might add a bit of low sugar salsa or just diced tomatoes.

Ham/salami with sharp cheddar, wrapped around pickle spears. Generally I'll have this with a side of something fatty - berries with cream, ranch dip, a bit of mayo, or low carb chocolate mousse.

any leftovers.

Bell pepper strips with pate, topped with microwaved cheese crisps, and either pork rinds with ranch dip, mousse, or something similar...

pizza on a plate - shredded cheese, dotted with tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, or crushed tomatoes. Garlic salt and Italian seasoning blend. Topped with pepperoni, ground beef, or taco meat, then microwaved until the edges are crispy (mimics the crunchy crusts)... Sometimes I'll add a thin bit of cream cheese under it for extra fat.

Copycat Zuppa Toscana soup, without the potatoes. Had a bowl of the Olive Garden's not long ago, even salting it well, I couldn't eat it - mine is so much more flavorful!!

Mississippi Roast...eaten like a veggieless beef stew. Drools.

Made low carb blt's not long ago, lettuce leaves slather with mayo, topped with bacon. Didn't have tomatoes at home, thought it would have been more awesome with it...

Those are most of my defaults... I can think of more ideas if you need them.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    If I'm home, I usually have a salad. Cobb salads are my fav! I went through an omlette phase, but I'm onto salads for now until I burn out. I'm in an office in the middle of nowhere for the rest of this week with no fridge though, so I'll be packing a quest bar in case i can't make it through the day without eating. I usually try to skip lunch in situations like this.
  • kitty20031985
    kitty20031985 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This week (I usually do the same thing for a week at a time, and it's my first week on keto) is over easy eggs (3) and 3-5 strips ready to cook bacon. Fast, easy and taste amazing!!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Today is taco salad - taco meat on top of bed of cabbage (I like the crunch that cabbage has and the added vitamins), salsa, sour cream. I'm out avocados :-(
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Big Mac salad for me! Leftover burger from last night on bed of lettuce with homemade special sauce!! Yummy!
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I always make an extra serving of dinner and have it for lunch the next day. Today its marinated chicken breast and some broccoli with butter.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm still full from my BPC this morning, but when I do eat I think it will be a few ounces of my left over pork roast and a salad. I need to work on getting more green veggies in and see if that helps with the bruises I'm getting.
  • inlovewithwords
    inlovewithwords Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today was guacamole ranch dip with celery, 2 slices of cheddar jack, and a few slices of pepperoni. Easy peasy, yummy, and filling.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I try make a bunch of chicken breasts in my pressure cooker (can also use slow cooker), with salt, pepper, onion powder, and whatever other seasoning I feel like. And I freeze them individually. So if there isn't leftovers for tomorrow's lunch, I can pull out a chicken piece i froze and make chicken salad, or mix it in a green salad, or add stuff to it like I did today. Today I'm having a Mexican style chicken with avocados, lime wedges, sour cream, tomatoes, and hot sauce.
    vjhnqz4dzlce.jpeg
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    My usual LC lunch is a spinach salad with salami, avocado, a creamy dressing and maybe cucumbers or hard boiled eggs.

But this week I am back from holidays and went totally off-track so I am doing carnivore to get myself back on track. Today's lunch is just ground beef. Very simple and I didn't have to think too long about it. I use regular ground beef, about 80/20 so it is filled with lots of yummy fat!
  • Xo_healthylc
    Xo_healthylc Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    ygcfxw6ysxg3.jpeg

I made a lettuce wrap today for lunch. Lettuce, tomato, Colby cheese, turkey, ham, pre cooked bacon, mayo, salt and pepper.

My favorites are:
    breakfast for lunch. Usually 4 eggs, 2 slices American, bacon and reduced sugar ketchup.
    Leftovers.
    Salads with leftover meat from the night before.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I typically have dinner leftovers. If I go out I get either a bunless burger, a burrito bowl with no rice or beans, or pulled pork and green beans (no sauce) from the bbq place!
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If I eat lunch it's usually salami and cheese. I drink BPC and sometimes don't eat til dinner. Then I eat until full.
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. These all look great.

We never have leftovers because I have a partner who can eat anything he wants and drink large quantities of beer and not gain an ounce. If I make enough for two meals, he eats it all.

Today's lunch turned out to be 1/2 cup of pecans and half an avocado with a tablespoon of full fat yogurt and some hot sauce. What surprises me is that it was entirely satisfying and I don't feel like eating more.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @LauraCoth The secret to that is to put away the "leftover" portion before ever even serving a thing. Put it in a container he can recognize as yours, or hide it in a "brussels sprouts" bag in the freezer or something equally unappealing... It can work if done well.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    I only eat twice a day. Eggs and meat, minimal veg, some dairy (butter, cheese, cream)
  • tribal351
    tribal351 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing every day. Solid white albacore tuna, mayonnaise and baby spinach. I put Parmesan cheese whisps on top for texture.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Mostly leftovers.....steak, beef patties, pork chops with added fats (butter or mayo)
    Tuna or egg salad made with mayo for fat using plain pork rinds to dip in. All natural hot dogs with mustard. Bacon,mayo and lettuce wraps.