Combining DDP with other workouts

Options
memathmfp
memathmfp Posts: 25 Member
Hello, everyone!

I'm new to MFP but have been doing DDP yoga for about 8 months. I love the yoga and have lost 35lbs since starting. I'm wanting to branch out and add more workouts to my week but I'm unsure how to organize it. I need the yoga to keep me flexible and moving but I want to add weight training and running. Any advice on how to make it all work together? Any feedback appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals and what sort of schedule you'd like to set up for yourself. There's no reason why you can't combine DDP Yoga with other things. Personally, I'd do DDP Yoga later in the day/evening after doing my lifting or running in the morning. You could also schedule more of an alternating approach (ie do yoga on days you don't lift), but it really depends on your program.

How many days per week do you currently do DDP Yoga? How many days per week is your lifting programming going to be? How about your running?
  • memathmfp
    memathmfp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've tried a few different things and found myself over trained really really easily. Honoring rest days is more challenging for me than working out daily. :-/