Getting the word out

Options
countcurt
countcurt Posts: 593 Member
I enjoy this group. The free-wheeling nature, focus and directness all work for me. The interaction and dynamic nature of the group are also instrumental in ongoing success.

I've decided to add a thread in the "Introduce Yourself" message board inviting others to join this group. I figure if it gets commented on every so often, it will rise to the top since mfp appears to sort only by most recent post.

It's not that I don't adore all of you. I do. But I also like fresh 'meat'; it's good for the life of the board.

Replies

• linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    New people is what I miss most about the WW boards that I joined years ago. Newbies add fresh perspective and challenge me to articulate what I believe and why. Thanks for working to stimulate this board!
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I cross-posted it to the General Diet and Weight Loss Help message board.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the more descriptive "Guys on a Diet" is a better brand name than "GOAD" if the goal is attracting newbies.
  • wwgoadie
    wwgoadie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good point, Calvin. But since I don't know how current members find the group, I'll post an announcement of a planned name change next week.
  • Jimb376
    Jimb376 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I mentioned us on WW Connect. There was a guy there who posted he wanted a group of fit older guys to chat with.
    There is a hashtag for wwbros on Connect if you want to reach out to them , also a #wwsisters
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I see that GOAD has 99 members. Who will make it 100?

Cindy, based upon your annual report, how many people were active on Goad's WW board?