My Body Hates Me.... Can I have a new one?

Options
ProCoffeenator
ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
Over the last few years I seem to have had one thing after another.... First it was my diagnosis of fibromyalgia. Then it was prediabetes which with my eating habits and my numbers is more likely T2. Followed by a B12 deficiency. Now it's been determined that I likely have superficial blood clots in my leg. No worries of major complications as they are in my lower leg and the veins do not go to my heart but I do have to start daily aspirin to help resolve this.

This all just strengthens my determination to get my health back. Since they cannot replace my body with a new one I will have to fix this one. I had a difficult time convincing myself to not give up.

I just needed to vent and get my booHoo's out. I'm super frustrated with the mud being thrown at me. Now I can put my big girl panties on and take care of business.

Replies

• MsVino
    MsVino Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That sounds like quite a challenging journey! Keep on keeping on and I hope your determination to stick with LC betters your health very soon :-)
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. PCOS (with insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia) and degenerative disc disease in the base of my spine make for a horrible combination for trying to lose weight and get healthy. I work my @$$ off to lose a few pounds, only to gain it all back when even the slightest thing comes up. One step forward, two back, it seems. =/

On the upside, you've come to the right place! Low carb is great for diabetes, and many people also see improvement in their fibro (especially if they cut out grains). Just make sure you're drinking bunches of water and getting enough sodium. Both are essential to keeping your blood volume up, which for you is especially important.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    My experience with LCHF, and fibromyalgia has been a near 100% resolution of the pain! I was able to discontinue the medication (Savella) that was specific to fibromyalgia, within six months of LCHF! I've had success with other physical issues, too, since I began lchf.

I, luckily, had not been diagnosed as type 2 diabetic, but I'm sure the time was coming since both parents, and one sister had been diagnosed! I've seen many succeed in controlling, and reversing, their type 2 diabetes here on MFP!

Hang in there! Determination will be what's needed to get you to a healthier body!! Hugs! Come vent anytime!

• Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have the same experience with Fibro and had great results with this diet (cutting out the processed sugar and wheat especially.) My pain and fatigue levels are at a place now where I don't take Savella anymore either. I have low back issues that have been a problem for almost 30 years that have improved quite a bit also. My daily Motrin is down to maybe once every week or two now! I haven't increased my exercise, although I should, and I'm not getting any younger, so I can only contribute it to the change in diet.

Don't get discouraged. It took a couple of months before I really started to notice a big difference in my health. You will be feeling better in no time! Good luck!

P.S. Avoid those fibro meds if at all possible if you are to function without them. Some of them have some pretty nasty side effects.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm pushing on and really hoping I can get the same results as those of you with fibro.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I often feel like I need a full body transplant! I joke that my mom must have been living next to nuclear waste when she was pregnant with me! I have RA. I have a condition called a chiari malformation where your skull is too small and it pushes the brain into your spinal column. I have the degenerative discs in my spine and bone spurs in my shoulders. Plus celiac disease. Basically no part of my body works in the manner it should and honestly if I think about it I'm pretty proud of myself for how well I manage to function and pass myself off as normal! lmao

@mandycat223 I am very interested in this full face replacement! Right now I'd just settle for a little tightening up but in the future this could be very handy! haha

Seriously though I think you will at least find your conditions improving on this diet. It has made a big difference for me with my RA symptoms! Hang in there! :)
  • angel381
    angel381 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are right about this being the only body you will get. That's probably a realization that kicked me in the butt to just get started in turning things around. Best of luck to you. You will do great as long as you keep faith in yourself and remember that ultimately, "YOU deserve this. " :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I joked once about having more health problems surface the healthier I got. A friend equated it to driving a car without doing any maintenance or even washing it. For years and years and years. Then as we start to lose weight and regain some of our health, we have to wash and maintain the car, and we finally get to see all the damage that developed slowly that we just adjusted to on the path...

It hurts to admit how much we mostly all did this to ourselves (underlying issues are obvious exceptions here)...but had I the knowledge then that I do now, it is possible that I could have prevented decades of further damage, but since we've no time machine, time to do what we can now before it gets any worse!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I joked once about having more health problems surface the healthier I got. A friend equated it to driving a car without doing any maintenance or even washing it. For years and years and years. Then as we start to lose weight and regain some of our health, we have to wash and maintain the car, and we finally get to see all the damage that developed slowly that we just adjusted to on the path...

It hurts to admit how much we mostly all did this to ourselves (underlying issues are obvious exceptions here)...but had I the knowledge then that I do now, it is possible that I could have prevented decades of further damage, but since we've no time machine, time to do what we can now before it gets any worse!

Very well said!

I've been one of the fortunate ones that doesn't have much to complain about as far as health issues go, but it must be pure luck or genetics or something! I always ate packaged foods and have never been an active person. I think the only thing that must have helped was that my sweet tooth didn't develop until later on or something. So even though I was eating the sad diet full of added sugar and processed carbs, I only started adding extra loads of sugar via candy, in the last few years.
    It's not surprising to any of us, of course, that most of the population does suffer from all these metabolic and associated issues. It's too bad this stuff isn't more commonly known and understood. But, they do work hard to prevent this WOE from being viewed as normal. Most people don't want to do it anyway because of "deprivation". Whatever that means! Lol
    So it's so easy to believe the headlines about its lack of long term safety or adherence.