Tips & Tricks

Options
303lissy
303lissy Posts: 427 Member
What tips and tricks have you picked up while playing or read online?

Here's mine - save all your evolutions and trading in until you have a lucky egg. The lucky egg lasts for 30 mins and doubles your xp. You can make some serious xp if you do a whole bunch of evolutions with a lucky egg!

Replies

• BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    303lissy wrote: »
    What tips and tricks have you picked up while playing or read online?

Here's mine - save all your evolutions and trading in until you have a lucky egg. The lucky egg lasts for 30 mins and doubles your xp. You can make some serious xp if you do a whole bunch of evolutions with a lucky egg!

I do this too.
    I'll add that at one point I was getting sick of seeing the same 3 or 4 pokemon everywhere I went (you know the ones). But many of the common pokemon only need 12 candies to evolve, so you only have to catch 4 of them to evolve, and it's 500XP each time you do it (1000XP with the Lucky Egg). So farming and evolving even the most common Pokemon quickens the leveling-up process.

Also, if you intend to use your Pokemon to fight at gyms, recognize that having strong Pokemon is essentially a race to level up as fast as possible, because many of your strongest Pokemon will be rare captures, and the CP of those captures depends on your level.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    My biggest recommendation is incubators, incubators, incubators. It always pains me when I find an egg at a pokestop but cant keep it because I already have 9 eggs! Got my best pokemon from eggs honestly, except for my Jolteon.
  • 303lissy
    303lissy Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My biggest recommendation is incubators, incubators, incubators. It always pains me when I find an egg at a pokestop but cant keep it because I already have 9 eggs! Got my best pokemon from eggs honestly, except for my Jolteon.

I usually never spend money on in app purchases but incubators might become my first exception.
  • Doug_T
    Doug_T Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    CHEATING EGG INCUBATION!!!!
    By cheating I mean hatching without walking.
    Egg hatching works by measuring distance travelled using GPS. and updates your eggs about every 10 minutes. It will know if you travel too far too soon.
    1. BEST WAY- get stuck in traffic and keep the game on. Also other very slow moving vehicles. Riding lawn mowers, golf carts etc. The key is frequent stops so you don't travel too much distance in to low a time.
    2. LAZYIEST WAY-no moving involved at all
    When stuck in one place (home, job) play with your location settings. I use android so I change between high accuracy, power saving, and GPS only. Sometime the app will show I run a good 100 meters or so. Change the setting again and watch yourself run back. This may also help you get to hard to reach Pokestops and Gyms. And yes after 10 minutes or so I usually gain about .2 KM. At my home, if I leave it on power saving I "run" back and forth every few minutes. Keep your screen sleep time to 10 minutes and refresh from time to time. There you go.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    When evolving Eevee's you can pick which evolution you will get by changing the name of your Eevee to one of the name's of the Eeevee's from the series: Pyro (for Flareon), Rainer (for Vaporeon), Sparky (for Jolteon).

I've done this which all 3 of my Eeevee evolution. It works.

maxresdefault-33-e1469015947628.jpg
  • Doug_T
    Doug_T Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When evolving Eevee's you can pick which evolution you will get by changing the name of your Eevee to one of the name's of the Eeevee's from the series: Pyro (for Flareon), Rainer (for Vaporeon), Sparky (for Jolteon).

I've done this which all 3 of my Eeevee evolution. It works.

maxresdefault-33-e1469015947628.jpg

Worked for my Sparky too.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options

I heard that you can change it to something like the type of Pokemon you're looking for, too. For example, I named my Eevee Fire and it evolved into a Flareon. At least, it worked for me. (Once it evolved I changed the name back to Eevee because I like to confuse people.)