Misfit Bands

Options
ennuifreezone
ennuifreezone Posts: 20 Member
Do you have a non-default misfit band? If yes, what do you think of it? Since my sportband failed, Support is letting me choose one of the accessory bands, but I'm not sure which would be better, mesh or leather? Any insights?

Thanks!!

Replies

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I was wondering which you decided to go with and how you liked your choice. I've looked at the mesh one several times and am considering purchasing.
  • ennuifreezone
    Options
    I ended up going with the black leather band. I wanted the mesh since it seemed more feminine, but according to reviews on Amazon the mesh clasp doesn't always work well, and if you have smaller wrists the extra mesh can be annoying. I have really small wrists, so this worried me.

I just got the leather band in the mail yesterday, and it seems fine so far. A little stiff, but I think it will soften up with wear. I didn't have trouble getting the misfit to pop in securely. It is not exactly "nice looking" though, just kind of plain, and maybe a little more masculine than I prefer. Better than the rubber sport band, but I don't really think it's worth the money they are charging for it.
  • groodlesuk
    groodlesuk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have purchased a Sports Neckless and wear mine 24/7. Although, I do move it to my sock when I go cycling.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    I've wondered how the necklaces can be accurate if it's just hanging there, not really swinging like it would on your wrist or shoe. @groodlesuk, do you notice any appreciable difference?
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    @ennuifreezone, I wondered about the masculinity of the leather too. Maybe I'll just order a bunch of the colored ones off ebay and not worry about it!
  • ennuifreezone
    Options
    I am curious about the color bands I've seen on ebay/amazon, too @Mimilucious . The whole reason I chose the misfit shine over other trackers is because I thought it was the most attractive, so it's a little frustrating to have a bulky band. I'm curious about the crystal styles, but I'm not interested in paying that much for a fitness tracker. Maybe if I get a gift card sometime.
  • groodlesuk
    Options
    I've wondered how the necklaces can be accurate if it's just hanging there, not really swinging like it would on your wrist or shoe. @groodlesuk, do you notice any appreciable difference?

The simple answer is "no". I set it up in the iPhone app so that it knows I'm wearing the Shine on my neckline. If I go out walking it picks up the activity fine.

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Good to know, thanks!
  • groodlesuk
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Mistake post.
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've had the shine sports bands & mesh since May. Just changed battery and considered switching bands as my shine has popped out a number of times recently. Found the old rubber band was stretched more than a new band, so I guess it's prudent to replace band every couple of months.

The mesh band was very pricey and is huge. I'm 5'2" and 127ish #Is. I can't wear it daily, too much extra metal is very annoying.
  • moog54
    moog54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is an issue that concerns me, I have the 'Shine Speedo', the unit is brushed aluminium (matt silver). I worry that it will pop out whilst I'm swimming and the colour would make it hard too see. Can you get a clear 'pouch' strap so the shine can be encased? I know the shine does not require skin contact so that is not an issue.
  • moog54
    moog54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have now found a cheap but effective solution to my shine 'popping out' problem. I wear latex swim gloves (webbed) to increase water resistance, I have an old pair which I cut out a half inch (12mm) band from. This goes over the shine thus clipping the thing securely.
  • missxhillary
    missxhillary Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    moog54 wrote: »
    I have now found a cheap but effective solution to my shine 'popping out' problem. I wear latex swim gloves (webbed) to increase water resistance, I have an old pair which I cut out a half inch (12mm) band from. This goes over the shine thus clipping the thing securely.

I have the flash and I wrap a rubber elastic around one band then turn it and wrap it around the other side which creates an X behind the back of the pop out part so that it physically cannot pop out.

It really helps since I popped mine out accidentally a few times. Now I never take the elastic off.

9k0fgzkvj4bd.png
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    WoCase Wristband for my Flash.

• richmond2410
    richmond2410 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    FYI: Apparently if you loose your misfit due to a faulty band, misfit will replace it no charge.