Go buy this NOW!

Options
Xo_healthylc
Xo_healthylc Posts: 77 Member
Literally the best thing I've eaten. The cheese is $2.99 at Aldi's and I made crisp out of it in the oven with two cut up pepperonis and dipped it into low carb marinara. 1 net carb or 2 total carbs for the four crisp, pepperoni and sauce and only 115 calories. It seriously taste just like pizza with the oil and sauce and crunch.

Replies

• MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    That does look tasty!
  • thelowcarblady
    thelowcarblady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love Aldi! They always have great stuff you don't expect. Course I wish they would carry more of the other things I need but never seem to find there. It would be the only place I'd go shopping haha
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Oh I need to see if my Aldi has this...yummy. Thanks ☺
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    We dont have that store :(....
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    We don't either, @BBC1986 but the next town north of us is supposedly getting one in 2017. I can't wait!
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I think we are about to get a Trader Joes :::fingers crossed::::
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I know right? I've never seen anything LIKE this around these parts, and I'm so jealous!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Someone from America adopt me, please. I'm a nice girl who cleans up after herself and I'm really funny.

Low carb selections are a bit harder to find in Canada...even a metropolitan area such as Vancouver. And it's WAY more expensive.

The sad part is, when most of the American public thinks of "healthy food", they think we should be imitating Canada and some Eurozone countries, in this respect.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Someone from America adopt me, please. I'm a nice girl who cleans up after herself and I'm really funny.

Low carb selections are a bit harder to find in Canada...even a metropolitan area such as Vancouver. And it's WAY more expensive.

The sad part is, when most of the American public thinks of "healthy food", they think we should be imitating Canada and some Eurozone countries, in this respect.

You have a point. The EU definitely has more food laws than North America. Certain preservatives and ingredients are banned, which change recipes for certain goods or they are not available in Europe altogether.

I find Canada to be similar to the United States in what is allowed. Canada just likes to put big taxes on imported products, which make it difficult for retailers to carry certain goods.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Dairy subsidy issues..... Today's HuffPost Business Blog:
    "One of the Canadian dairy industry's dirty little secrets is that supply management requires chronic overproduction, and now Canada is offering a massive subsidy based on their inflated production levels. It appears that compensation will be without consideration for the declining demand for dairy, which is decreasing globally as consumers switch to alternatives such as almond, soy, coconut and rice milks. The Dairy Farmers of Canada said that the consumption milk has decreased a dramatic 25 per cent in the last 20 years."

"In other countries, government subsidies to dairy farmers have bloated. For example, England's dairy farmers receive around a third of their income in EU subsidies. Elsewhere in the EU, 50 percent of farmers' incomes are from government subsidies."
    "The EU, with heavy subsidies for dairy products, exports to Canada 10 times more dairy products than what it imports from us, even though it has more than 500 million consumers."
    Dairyfarmers.ca blog Official site for Dairy Farmers of Canada

"The problem is that Canadian dairy farming has some of the highest cost structures among developed countries because dairy farms in Canada remain labour-intensive and too small. The average dairy farm in Canada has about 80 dairy cows. Opening the door to more trade in dairy products should come with one important caution in mind. We should insist unequivocally on maintaining the high quality standard that currently exists for milk produced in Canada. While dairy prices in Canada are high, this high price has also ensured that Canadian dairy producers keep our milk free of growth hormones and other contaminants. Free trade does not mean unregulated trade. International trade law gives Canada the right to insist on high health standards. Opening trade does not and must not equate with lowering quality standards."
    Prof. Werner Antweiler, Ph.D.
    Associate Professor (2003–)
    Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia

Yep, it's complicated....
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    @canadjineh Very interesting! I live right near the USA - Canada border and I can attest to the fact that even though we are primarily a farming type of city, most of the people here go to the USA to buy dairy products because it is half the price. I'm not sure that article you quoted is necessarily bang on with the decrease in consumption; in fact I would wager that part of the decrease in sales is people heading south of the border to buy it all because it is so much cheaper!
  • NonnaTurtle
    NonnaTurtle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'll adopt you, if I can emigrate to Canada after our election in November!

Oh god, I cannot stop laughing...... best laugh of the week.
  • Tanukiko
    Tanukiko Posts: 186 Member
    Options

@samanthaluangphixay Couldnt you take a roadtrip to Seattle? Or the train? Do you have a US visa? I wonder if seattle has a Aldi? Maybe you and I could house swap. Ive always wanted to live in Vancouver. How are you with heat? Im in Austin :-) Its a but 'warmer' than Vancouver!

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Oh my. that sounds delicious!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha! Oh my goodness you guys are so funny!

@MimiOfTheLusciousLawn - you can come to Canada after November! I will stock up on goodies and come back with you

@Tanukiko - I occasionally go to Seattle and I definitely purchase stuff I can't get in Canada. I might be going in September to go wedding dress shopping with my cousin who is getting married and I requested a stop at Target and Trader Joes lol

I work in customs so there is a huge tax on imported dairy which makes a cheese from the US more expensive than one produced in Canada. It is to encourage people to buy from Canadian dairy farmers. I get the idea behind it but it sucks because we don't carry everything as well for that reason.