keto newbie, need help and friends!

Options
Wakatik2016
Wakatik2016 Posts: 20 Member
I'm looking for people who have been on keto and have open diaries so I can get ideas! And support as well!
Breastfeeding keto mommies are a plus ;) but not required ;)
Thank you!

Replies

• leahangelarnold
    leahangelarnold Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a breastfeeding keto mommy!! She's 2, but still going strong. I've been doing keto now for about 3 weeks
  • rebabecca32
    rebabecca32 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am EBFing my 13 week old. :)
  • PeeshaPi
    PeeshaPi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly done nursing my nearly 2 yr old. He nurses to sleep on weekdays and for naps on weekends, but that's it. I'm 4 months pregnant now with my 3rd and I'm T1 diabetic. I've never had issues keeping blood sugar in check, but I don't like the ups and downs and trying to keep insulin resistance from creeping up throughout my pregnancy and causing me to gain a lot of weight. Hoping that I can do relatively well with a keto diet.. just in my first week.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to the public and I've been following a Keto lifestyle for 21.5 months now so have fun stalking and snooping it! I also take pictures of many of my meals and post on Instagram if interested. I'm "lcladipoet" on there.
  • susanaemendez
    susanaemendez Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi there. My doctor recommended I start the keto diet, and I'm planning to start tomorrow. Feel free to add me as a friend. Any support and advice I can get along the way would be great!
  • neweuquol
    neweuquol Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am starting Sunday and I am willing to leave my dairy open. I am not doing it for weight loss, I am doing it for cancer treatment/recovery so you might not want to eat as much as I am supposed to be eating. Then I am a guy so there is that.
  • mrsstiffler85
    mrsstiffler85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am EBFing my almost 11 month old son and starting keto on Monday! I would love to add/be added by anyone on this same journey!!
  • piper_granny
    piper_granny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    best of luck to you all on starting your keto lifestyle!!! I'm an OLD grandma (59 gasp!) so my breastfeeding days are long behind me LOL, but I can't imagine why keto wouldn't be fine for you (does fat go thru momma's milk? that would be something I'd check into). If you've been low-carbing, you can ease into keto quite simply. Butter and coconut oil will be your new best friends. There are great resources online. Ruled.me.com is one great one I found. I also have a Pinterest page of recipes & resources I collected. I've lost almost 30 pounds since April (obese, multi-nodular goiter causing hypothyroid, insulin resistant metabolic syndrome caused by years of starvation dieting that didn't work), so I'm SUPER excited because this doesn't FEEL like a diet...until you're faced with eating out. Then it gets a little problematic. My only advice is to plan ahead when you know you're going to eat out - check the nutritional charts for menu items (search online - most restaurants have it) so you don't blow it. Good luck to all you young mommies - and make it work NOW, before you get as old as me, cuz it's 100 times harder to do the older you get!!!
  • Yithy
    Yithy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding a 2 year old, I am pretty much ready to move on, but he isn't! About to start, I've done low carb in the past and well... failed, but this time I am much more informed! Excited! :smile:

I am one of those annoying overweight people who say things like "I don't get why I am so fat, I don't eat that much, and I am fairly active", which of-course nobody buys. And it's kinda always been a mystery to me. Don't get me wrong, I love sugary stuff, but I don't have an eating disorder, in fact if I am feeling depressed or down I tend to not eat. My partner used to ask me every day "have you eaten anything today?" or "what have you eaten" or "I worry about you, and the fact you don't eat properly". Does that sound like somebody who is constantly borderline obese? I've tried diets, I have to go far past 1200 calories to get the smallest amount of weight-loss, and it isn't something I can live with. It's always felt unfair to me, so I can't wait to try this. :smiley: Let's do this!