Etherial1's OMAD Journey

etherial1
etherial1 Posts: 22 Member
Hello, I started OMAD this past Monday and I've kept busy by refinishing the woodwork in my home. It's a pretty strenuous job, if doing it by hand like I did the other day, but today, I use the sander. Anyway, I started out on the 16:8 (8-Hour Diet) for about 3 weeks, and found I wasn't hungry after my first meal of the day, but I still had dinner with my husband. I lost and regained 3 lbs., and put that book down, continued my research on one meal a day IF, and found Joe on youtube.

I've joined other IF sites as well, like Fitmole, which is a bodybuilding site, and I'll join them more later but, for now, this one made sense from his videos on youtube; I subscribed there, too. I'm not super-overweight and my clothing size is a size 8-10; depending on the designer and cut of the fabric. However, the clothing in my closet are size 6 and under. Darn shame; some still have the tags on them and enough is enough!

Anyway, this is day 3 and I'm weighing myself this whole week because it's new, exciting, and I don't want to wait until next Tuesday, which is my official weigh-in day. I'm just too excited, but will only do it this week. I'll weigh in once a week. The body's fluctuations are inaccurate.

I'm on vacation for 2 weeks and getting my home revisions in now. I'll continue them on the weekends, but right now, I'm getting out of the house and run some errands.

Replies

• vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    How's it going?
  • etherial1
    etherial1 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm done with it, this past Monday. It wasn't for me and I resumed my 16:8 protocol; it's much easier and I'm not ravenously hungry at dinner time and I eat my allotted calories. On the 24-hour program, I couldn't possibly eat 1650 calories a night. I barely ate 500, believe it or not. You are NOT as hungry as you think you'll be.

I didn't lose anything because I was still drinking my two 4 oz glasses of wine at night and I had to say goodbye to it for a while because I didn't believe it, but it DOES HINDER WEIGHT LOSS.

I learned a lot about myself. It's worth a try.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    What works for you is what you need to do. For the most part, the bottom line is getting a calorie deficit. Some find it easier with OMAD (like me) and some find it easier doing something else. What we eat makes a difference too like the alcohol. I've learned reading Dr. Fung's book "Obesity Epidemic" that insulin is the culprit and high levels put on fat and inhibit fat burning so we have to be careful about raising insulin levels (eating refined carbs - especially on an empty stomach, and even some artificial sweetners will raise insulin levels even though they don't have carbs). Also "Eatingacademy.com" is a great website that talks about the same thing in a lot of detail. Great read. Wish you the best!
  • Fumpydink
    Fumpydink Posts: 49 Member
    I think it's always worth a go, good for you for giving it a try!