Cut time frame

Options

Replies

• TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    @ambsnic17 That's an excellent choice! Eat at TDEE during the summer and then go back to cutting once school is back. Your body and mind will thank you for that and you may even see better cut results. Consider it a maintenance break, to remind your body of where maintenance should be and to lose more once you are back at cutting. The time will pass by quickly and you will enjoy the summer break.

Heavy is relative. Maybe what's heavy for one person is light for another. Try to lift the heaviest weight you can, the one you cannot do more than 2 extra reps. You could add a resistance band to your barbell, making it harder to lift. Also there are always more advanced options of each exercise, which would make them more challenging. Once you are able to invest more on equipment, Walmart, garage sales, flea markets and even Craig's list (always be careful on who/how to contact and meet) have excellent bargains!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @ambsnic17 Yes! This is what we love to hear! Such a positive mindset!
    Please may I quote your NSV to inspire others? <3
    Well done on you awesome major progress!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    @empressichel, yes you may share! :-)
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @ambsnic17 The scale suck and lies! Yay for feeling good, strong and hot! You go!
    Btw, eating more can increase your libido, as some EM2WLers already mentioned before!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    Planning on eating at tdee for the next 2 1/2 weeks. Feeling stressed and I normally tend to eat and go overboard. Upping in hopes to avoid this and then plan to cut when school starts back. Keeping fingers crossed...
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    And I would love to not hop on the scale in that time frame, but I doubt that will happen!
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @ambsnic17 The idea of eating for TDEE for a certain period of time is not a free for all, but it will avoid the cycle of feeling bad for eating that may lead to bingeing. Isn't it funny how the feeling that we are eating too much can lead us to eat even more? The same with restricting too much. Having a plan takes the guesswork out of the equation and will definitely be good for you!
    And about the scale, let it enjoy the last weeks on vacay, lol!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    And in case you are not sure why, this is why you need to give the scale the boot: http://eatmore2weighless.com/why-you-need-to-break-up-with-your-scale/
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    @TerezaToledo I know, I hate the scale. I've made leaps and bounds though. I used to weigh myself daily, now I don't! Lol at one point I told my husband to hide the scale. He did, which was great! I didn't even go looking for it like I thought I would! Haha. Then I found it as I was cleaning one day!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Breaking up with my scale was the hardest thing I did:) I broke up with it for about a year.. then one day decided to see what it said. I didnt like what it said then, so I decided to break up once more and that was 18 months ago:) Don't get me wrong, I have days when Im very curious to see what it says, but I know if I do, I might not be able to distance my emotions from it...

No bother looking at anything that is going to make my mood crappy:)

Kelly
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I think the moral of the story amber is to not clean. :D

I used to have my whole day's attitude controlled by the scale. If I was down= happy. If I was the same or up = angry (especially if I had been really trying).

I went a month without it and did fine. I had a mental switch in that time and now I can weigh daily (to help monitor my tdee - no Fitbit here) without any issues.
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Same thing here regarding the scale. To be honest, even though I am in a happy place with how I look, steping up on the scale can mess up my mind. If the reading is higher than what it was last time, my mood will get messed up, even though my size is the same and it might as well be muscle gain (which is what I'm working for). If the reading is lower, I worry that I may be losing muscle mass. Either way it won't do me any good. Using a different scale (as in the doctor's office) doesn't have the same effect because I know that different scales give different readings and that it's ok with me, it doesn't work as comparison. Living wihout the scale is so much better.mit allows me to celebrate all the small changes that show progress and that I would not value if I was weighting myself.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    @saranharm - I know, right?!? Who's dumb idea was it to clean anyway!?!

I can weigh myself daily and be ok with it. I know numbers fluctuate for many reasons. It's just the fact of anticipating a loss on the scale which isn't always the be all way of measuring success. Wish I was better at measuring- I feel like my accuracy is crap. Lost all my before pics when my phone died for good...so need to do new ones.
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    @Raynn1 when you decided to step back on the scale after a year and didn't like the numbers, did you at least see some other NSV? Clothes fitting better? Smaller size? Measurements down?
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'm like @Raynn1 and haven't weighed myself for about 18 months. It just makes no difference to me now what it says. Some people swear by it as a measure of progress, but me......not so much.
    It's just such a fickle creature.
    Yes, progress pics are the best way to go. That is rotten luck that you lost your first ones, but start taking them now!
    The other thing that helped me with my progress ics was letting someone else look at the, ( in my case my trainer) as we look at ourselves with such negativity that we are naturally drawn to our worst parts and focus on those rather than seeing subtle changes elsewhere. She taught me how to see that changes were happening, maybe not easy to see months by month, but 4 months apart, 6 months apart the changes were very noticeable.
    Now I can look at my own pictures without a critical eye and spot changes for myself ( wait! Is that tattoo moving?) partly because I have changed my mindset so I am not so negative t what I see but also because I look at it like anatomy rather than my body if that makes sense.
    Human body is fascinating how you can change things, but it does take patience and time.
    Ichel
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ambsnic17 wrote: »
    @Raynn1 when you decided to step back on the scale after a year and didn't like the numbers, did you at least see some other NSV? Clothes fitting better? Smaller size? Measurements down?

Everything was on its way up along with the scale. But it didnt matter. I knew that I was coming from a very diet restricted background and that my body needed to replenish all that muscle I had lost over the years. My freedom began by allowing my body to heal and that meant a larger size. My NSVs at the time were I was eating DOUBLE or more than my WW days, My Nails stopped breaking so easily, My hair stopped falling out in chunks and I was sleeping better. Last summer I started noticing muscles in my back that I never had before. My shoulders were becoming more defined, my delts were starting to pop out. THESE are the changes I focused on and stopped caring that my clothing size went up. My top half HAD to go up in size to allow for things to fit my muscles properly:)
    DO I like being a larger size? Of course not. But I stopped focusing on that Stupid tag number and started just loving what I had become, a healthier, STRONGER version of myself. Those are the changes that matter, not the scale and not my clothing tag.

q2v51dlnv2hx.jpg

Kelly
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    Looking good @Raynn1 !!!

Well today I DID NOT weigh myself, but took some new pics because of loosing ALL my old pics on my phone. :-( so I'm
    hoping to see some changes in the future.

Just curious...what all do you take progress pics of? Mine is side and front view (whole body) and flexed arms.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My backside
  • TerezaToledo
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Usually front, side and back, without flexing, for comparison. But the flexing ones are so fun to take, it's impossible to resist, lol! What matters is to take pictures. They tell a much better and more real story than the scale. They show us things that we may not see or pay attention on a daily basis, they are a great tool to measure progress. The bigger the time gap between the pics, the more differences we see.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL