HELP!!! i'm gaining after a cheat day

Options
so i made the apparently tremendously stupid mistake of having a cheat day on july 29th for our anniversary. i started HFLC 16/8 IF july 11th. weight loss was going great before the 29th. i fully expected a gain on the 30th, it was 4 pounds. i however did NOT expect a gain on the 31st of .6 pounds and a gain this morning of .6 pounds. i'm eating exactly as i was before the cheat day. what did i do to my body??? how can i fix this?

Replies

• corinna_corinna
    corinna_corinna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    dang it, dang it, dang it, i'm trying not to be so angry with myself! *resumes swimming*
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Don't be angry at yourself - logically you cannot gain 4lbs of fat overnight - it's water weight (common after a heavy carb intake) and it will come off - it's interesting to see how much your body protests once you go LCHF and then have a cheat!!
  • _tierachanel
    _tierachanel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you are feeling. I went on a short vacation this past weekend to Chicago. Went to a cubs game and went to the cheesecake factory on national cheesecake day... lets just say I'm not going to weigh myself for at least a week.

I don't even want to know what damage I've done on the scale. :s
  • tribal351
    tribal351 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It will settle itself out. Keep calm and keto on.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    There's so much good food that fits Keto. No need to cheat.
    Kinda gave away that I'm not a fan the idea of cheating huh? Lol
    But seriously, especially in the beginning... You're trying to teach your body to become a fat burner. It's going to be a fairly big set back, but you just have to get back to the teaching and expect to get some resistance.
    It's certainly not the end of the world. Just get back into the groove and more importantly, learn how to celebrate with foods that don't derail all your efforts. Special occasions aren't about cake and bread. They might feel that way to our sugar addicted past selves, but if the food is what makes stuff special, that's a damn shame.

I like truth. This is it.
  • corinna_corinna
    Options
    thank you everyone for helping calm me from the panic i was in this morning. i was torturing myself thinking there might be something i could be doing to stop from gaining again tomorrow. control freak here! before low carb i knew what to expect at my weigh in the morning after a cheat day, a 3-5 pound water weight gain that i'd spend 3-5 days losing. instead i continued to gain days after returning to low carb like i was on some unstoppable pendulum swing. not cool at all. the good news is that this broke me real fast of wanting another cheat day. no way, no how, no thanks!
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary! My husband and I just celebrated our two year anniversary as well! We went to a really fancy dinner where they serve you bite sized hors d'oeuvres on big plates "compliments of the chef" style. I let myself enjoy two freshly baked rolls with fresh creamed butter. In spite of trying to remain keto for dinner, they gave us their famous creme brûlée on the house. It was amazing.
    All in all, it turns out I had about 150g net carbs that day. Haven't stepped on the scale since then but I know whatever I managed to gain will fall off again in a few days.
  • corinna_corinna
    Options
    happy anniversary to you as well, LolaDeeDaisy23! we got all dolled up for reservations at our favorite special occasion restaurant and also enjoyed creme brûlée. to die for!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I don't even want to know what damage I've done on the scale. :s

Better to do damage TO your fickle scale - preferably with the help of a sledgehammer or the jaws of a garbage truck...