Weekly Weigh-in: 08-01-16

Options
Variant3
Variant3 Posts: 44 Member
Happy August everyone!

We saw a good amount of activity throughout the life of last weeks thread, so lets keep that up this week!

Be sure to get out there and enjoy what is left of summer!

B) Have a good week everyone! B)

Replies

• Paskill
    Paskill Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So I'm guessing either I shed a bunch of water weight with my workouts or my travelling and dieting has paid off in spades this past week but I'm down to 278. Which is an almost 7 pound dropoff from last week's weigh in.
    s64wq9a2c5t2.jpg

It's an unhealthy amount to lose IF it was actually all weight but I have a theory. Yesterday was a combined assault of all sorts of stomach issues and heavy drinking, which leads me to being super dehydrated as of this morning which in turn leads me to having looked like a shed an extra pound or two. The last weigh in I did before this weekend read me out at 280, so I'm sure I'm in that range.

Long story short I'm down more than I was last week, so big ups. Hope everyone's doing good!
  • ColtonrDaniels
    ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm super ready for summer to be over, South Carolina with all this humidity is just the worst. Triple digits for like 2 week can just die.

Hot damn 7 pounds in just 1 week?! Def keep up the walking and such but dehydration ain't no joke. Drink water buddy, offset some beers or what have you with a glass of water. When I drink, I will down a pitcher of water to flush it out of me. I like to drink but the next day/puking is not worth any of it. I have been focusing on offsetting my hunger with just drinking water and eating less. My body is still used to working all that overtime so I am fighting being hungry and eating over 16 hours. I can feel it getting back to normal.

Let's keep up the good work people!
  • lightpohl
    lightpohl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh no. It's only August. It's so hot here in Texas. :(

Last Weigh-In Weight: 182.2 lbs
    Current Weigh-In Weight: 180

Start Weight: 191.4 lbs
    Total Lost: 11.4 lbs
    Goal Weight: 150 lbs

I have family in town for the next week, so I anticipate eating out a bit more. Hopefully I'll still end up making healthier choices, but no guarantees. haha

Good luck to all my fellow Team Gyrating Fit Bodies members this week!

• Paskill
    Options
    Hot damn 7 pounds in just 1 week?! Def keep up the walking and such but dehydration ain't no joke. Drink water buddy, offset some beers or what have you with a glass of water. When I drink, I will down a pitcher of water to flush it out of me. I like to drink but the next day/puking is not worth any of it. I have been focusing on offsetting my hunger with just drinking water and eating less. My body is still used to working all that overtime so I am fighting being hungry and eating over 16 hours. I can feel it getting back to normal.

Oh absolutely, I've had a 2 litre bottle of water sitting next to me the whole day. And good work on that! Remember to keep in mind you should eat something light maybe every 2-3 hours. I usually eat a banana or two slices of brown bread, something like those can kill hunger for hours.

If you want a good cereal, I'm not sure how easy/hard it is to get over there, but Weetabix is a big helper for going a few hours without eating. Two of those with warm milk and I'm usually sorted until a late lunch.
  • JosephJBroni
    JosephJBroni Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Had a setback this week, clocked in at 279.2. Overall I'm feeling pretty good though.

I also realize I've never chimed in on my FitBit stuff. I ended up getting the Alta and I love it. It's got a relatively low profile (i.e. it's narrow) so it looks like a wristband I'd normally wear. I find it's super effective and quantifying exactly how much my general level of activity tracks to my weight loss. On weeks where I hit 70k steps I'm almost always down a nice chunk of weight, On weeks where I'm under 50k steps I'm almost always up in weight. This makes it pretty straightforward and removes some of the randomness and mysticisim I've always had with weight loss (i.e. the "Hey it feels like I should be down this week but I'm actually up wtf!").

I'm also enjoying the soloflex dumbbells I got. To a certain degree, I've always liked lifting the most of any exercise I've ever done, and now that I can knock out my 4 exercises (incline press, curls, lateral raises, and rows in 45 minutes, easy, and I can make time for that 3x a week if I only have to go to the basement.
  • Ecotope
    Ecotope Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Back at the gym again. Knees are back after two weeks off. Down 2 from last week so I dropped a total of 7 during 2 weeks of no gym.

I'm thinking most of these easy LB's are attributed to dropping a lot of garbage weight from the sheer amount of soda intake I used to have. I've dropped all soda pretty much cold turkey, and I've never been a frequent drinker of alcohols.

So eating better portions plus the lack of massive amounts of sugar from those drinks does the trick even without lots of exercise for me.
  • ColtonrDaniels
    Options
    Ecotope wrote: »
    I'm thinking most of these easy LB's are attributed to dropping a lot of garbage weight from the sheer amount of soda intake I used to have. I've dropped all soda pretty much cold turkey.

This 1000000% cutting out the sugar, the sodium, and just the empty carbs will drop the weight quick, I dropped and was able to keep it low after just by doing like exercising. But currently, my job can be physically intensive.

Glad to see Dave doing well too, wonder if Darryl was trying. Though I couldn't begin to help out a vegetarian lose weight because I don't know where to start.
  • Variant3
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This 1000000% cutting out the sugar

You just prompted me to take a look at the RDV on sugar intake.

"According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are (7):

Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons).
    Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons)."

I am definitely blowing that out of the water. Sugar intake is definitely going to be my next focus area.

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19704096
  • ryanzj725
    ryanzj725 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Joining in on this party. I'm down from 291 to 262 since I started losing weight in March. So my starting weigh in doe TGFB is 262. I had a bad past week because of a family event that is just bring whatever you want over and throw it into the turkey fryer filled with oil. Fun stat is we went through 250 wings amongst 10 people who are wings.
  • Variant3
    Options
    Current: 262.6 lbs
    Total lost: 17.4 lbs
    Goal: 250 lbs

Well Done
    Haven't fallen back on old habits.
    Needs Improvement
    I typically don't bother tracking my intake through the app about twice a week (my days off). I still keep a mental tally but this isn't perfect.

My current focus area is going to be lowering sugar intake.

Good to see @JosephJBroni back at it this week after a bit of a hiatus! Keep it up everyone!
  • ColtonrDaniels
    Options
    I'm in the same boat about logging food. For the most part, I keep it the same every day. I wish there was a better way to log the food and such but I do make sure to log in every day and check up on the crew. Glad to see some newer people in the weigh-ins. WELCOME
  • Squirrelnaut
    Squirrelnaut Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm down another 2.6 lbs this week. I was sick for a couple days, so I kinda hoped it would be more, but it's a win that I will take!
  • rwhansen74
    rwhansen74 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I just joined, having been reminded of this group on the newest episode. I'll start updating along with everyone else but wanted to pop in here rather than start a new thread to say hey.
    In April 2015, I was at my heaviest ever, at 379. I got myself down to 330 by the year's end, but kind of gave up and found myself back at 352 at the end of June. I've been trying to get myself back on track and in the last couple of weeks finally have a better flow going. I was 344.2 as of Thursday (my usual weigh in day), but because of this group I'll adjust my weigh ins to Monday morning. Maybe that'll help me stay out of trouble on the weekends. I look forward to making positive progress with all of you duders.
  • ColtonrDaniels
    Options
    We are def here to help anyone who needs it, don't forget to skim all the other threads for ideas/help
  • JosephJBroni
    JosephJBroni Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Had a super-active week, got in > 70k steps, and lifted 4x. Weighed in yesterday at 274.5
  • Squirrelnaut
    Squirrelnaut Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm down another 2.6 lbs this week. I was sick for a couple days, so I kinda hoped it would be more, but it's a win that I will take!

I'll just clarify that current weight on Sunday weigh-in was 346.8 lbs.
  • Paskill
    Options
    Down to 277lbs as of today. Rough old weekend drinking again but I feel like 275 is the goal for next Monday with my workouts. Good luck to everyone, have a great week!