What are your ultimate goals?

Options
DEemilyFOR
DEemilyFOR Posts: 4 Member
I don't mean 10 lbs. I mean fitting into that dress, or feeling confident in a bikini, or getting those toned arms everybody wants, or just to look at a cookie and not want it. What are your ultimate goals?
Think about them every day.

Replies

• carla11595
    carla11595 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a runner with big running goals: to run 70 marathons before I turn 70, and to qualify for the Boston marathon. That means I need to be a lot faster than I am now, and stay injury-free, which means that I need to lose the extra pounds I'm carrying to reduce stress on my body. 10 pounds will be most of it...probably have about 5 more to go after that, but we'll see what 10 looks like first. That will be lighter than I've been since college!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options

carla11595 wrote: »
    I am a runner with big running goals: to run 70 marathons before I turn 70, and to qualify for the Boston marathon. That means I need to be a lot faster than I am now, and stay injury-free, which means that I need to lose the extra pounds I'm carrying to reduce stress on my body. 10 pounds will be most of it...probably have about 5 more to go after that, but we'll see what 10 looks like first. That will be lighter than I've been since college!

Wow: big goals!
    I live 2miles from the start of the Boston Marathon. It's so exciting every year to cheer everyone on.
    You can do it!

• huango
    Options
    <---- My goal is to be lean, reduce body fat so I can rock that bikini.
    2nd goal is to look amazing at my High School reunion this October.
    (I don't want to shock you with the number of years we'll be celebrating).

I've learned a lot of things, workout/diet-wise, in these last 3 years when I switched to heavy lifting (from just aerobics/cardio classes).

I've learned and need to accept the fact that being so short (4'11"), my body doesn't need a lot of calories. Since I'm not willing (or able, without the threat of binging) to reduce my calories, I MUST incorporate cardio work-outs into my strength training.

Strength training so I can sculpt my muscles, and cardio so I can eat (more than just 1000calories/day) without gaining weight.

Amanda
  • Payton_T_Rink_12
    Payton_T_Rink_12 Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Relose the 20lbs I have gainded with stress eating after a major depression. Drop from 140 back to 120 by My birthday. I have major anxiety and self esteem issues. Having that figure I had months ago was a great relief for some of the anxiety and worry. I want to turn boys heads, rock that bikini, feel great about my body... And as a bonus make all the bullies from my past do double takes when they see me.
  • huango
    Options
    And as a bonus make my ex resent breaking up with me the next time hes in town.

Oooooohhhh!
    Nice!
  • meggoleggo89
    meggoleggo89 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ended up gaining a little weight on vacation and am ready to take it off and get stronger than before! Just want to feel good!
  • AlwaysAtwater
    AlwaysAtwater Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am new to this and am joining the army after my sister's wedding. I would like to be semi army ready so boot camp isn't as hard. Plus, I'd like to not hate the way I look in my sister's wedding pictures.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I have a few things I'm trying to get to what my Dr considers to be the perfect weight and hold the weight to be a perfect candidate for an organ donor for my daughter. Secondly I want to be the thin mom at her wedding. LOL It has become a competition of the mom's. I do stress eat so I binged and I now have to lose the weight i gained by bingeing for a week. I need to lose 10-12 lbs.
  • taylorjunebug
    taylorjunebug Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Spent 3 months hiking 1,000 miles of the Appalachian Trail this summer, gained 8 lbs in muscle weight (which I was fine with), came home, then just kept eating the way I had while on the trail (over 2,000 calories a day, pretty much anything I wanted in large quantities), minus the benefits of having to climb a few mountains daily. I'm now 10 lbs heavier than I was before I left, and not much of it is muscle anymore. I'd like to be able to lose around 15 lbs or at least get back to my previous weight in the next month or so.
  • KathyOrtiz15
    KathyOrtiz15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to be healthy. Currently, I am not. I am in danger of becoming diabetic, and my doctor gave me 6 months to bring down my A1c on my own, or I will begin taking medication at my next check up. I do not want that. I've tried this quite a few times, but always with fad diets and no real motivation. The day I saw my doctor, I went home, threw out all my junk food, and bought the dreaded healthy stuff. I can't say that I like it as much as I do the other food, but I'm learning to. I'd like to look forward to a meal now, like before, and I'm slowly getting there. I just need motivation, and lots and lots of encouragement!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to be healthy. Currently, I am not. I am in danger of becoming diabetic, and my doctor gave me 6 months to bring down my A1c on my own, or I will begin taking medication at my next check up. I do not want that. I've tried this quite a few times, but always with fad diets and no real motivation. The day I saw my doctor, I went home, threw out all my junk food, and bought the dreaded healthy stuff. I can't say that I like it as much as I do the other food, but I'm learning to. I'd like to look forward to a meal now, like before, and I'm slowly getting there. I just need motivation, and lots and lots of encouragement!

You can do this! I am having a hard time eating healthy, mostly cuz I can't afford it. We thought our garden was gonna be a huge success this year...that woulda been a tremendous benefit. I am cutting down on how much I eat and trying to make better choices. I need a kick in the butt to get me on the right track. It is a struggle. But, once you set yer mind to it, you can do this!

• huango
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    I am having a hard time eating healthy, mostly cuz I can't afford it.

What do you mean by this?
    I've read this before by other posters, but I don't understand how money would prevent you from eating healthier.

In my mind, it costs more money to eat junk/fast food (such as McDonalds) than to buy groceries that you cook yourself.
    If I'm not buying organic everything, but just basic stuff like chicken (a whole chicken that I debone and use the bones for chicken stock) and broccoli and vegetables, and fruit, I can feed my family of 4 for several meals for what I would pay for 1 take-out food meal.

A big pot of meatless chili can feed a family for days for ~$10 total!
    I use dried beans that I cook up in my crockpot. 1 pound of dried beans is ~$0.99 - $1.50, and it usually doubles in size once rehydrated.

I think the cooking at home option allows you to choose what to put into the food, so you can have extra vegetables, and almost no fat/oil, and add lots of spices for extra flavor.

Also you can double up the cooking batches, so you can always have healthy food readily available, so you don't give into hunger binges, or eating half a box of crackers while you're waiting for the frozen pizza to bake.

I'm not trying to start a fight.
    I'm trying to understand the logic of how limited budget prevents someone from eating healthy.

I live in the suburbs of Boston, so the food prices are average to above average.

Amanda
  • carla11595
    carla11595 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

You can do this!!! I know it will happen for you if you just keep at it. When I stopped eating all the junk food and starting eating fruits and vegetables, my tastes changed and now I LOVE them! I used to hate all veggies except peas and potatoes, and now I can't imagine a day without eating tons of veggies--brussel sprouts, broccoli, squash, peppers, cauliflower, green beans--I love them all (except kale...still can't find the love for kale!). Also, I used to eat yoplait flavored yogurt every morning for breakfast and hated greek yogurt. Now, my plain greek yogurt with blueberries is so delicious I want to lick the bowl and yoplait tastes like chemicals. Just work on baby steps, and eat the fruit/veggies you like, stay away from processed stuff as much as possible, and build from there.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to buy a new swimming costume..not a bikini though as I'm cancer aware here in Australia. It's winter now so I have a few months to go
  • arniedog74
    Options
    huango wrote: »

I've read this before by other posters, but I don't understand how money would prevent you from eating healthier.

In my mind, it costs more money to eat junk/fast food (such as McDonalds) than to buy groceries that you cook yourself.
    If I'm not buying organic everything, but just basic stuff like chicken (a whole chicken that I debone and use the bones for chicken stock) and broccoli and vegetables, and fruit, I can feed my family of 4 for several meals for what I would pay for 1 take-out food meal.

I use dried beans that I cook up in my crockpot. 1 pound of dried beans is ~$0.99 - $1.50, and it usually doubles in size once rehydrated.

I think the cooking at home option allows you to choose what to put into the food, so you can have extra vegetables, and almost no fat/oil, and add lots of spices for extra flavor.

Also you can double up the cooking batches, so you can always have healthy food readily available, so you don't give into hunger binges, or eating half a box of crackers while you're waiting for the frozen pizza to bake.

I'm trying to understand the logic of how limited budget prevents someone from eating healthy.

I live in the suburbs of Boston, so the food prices are average to above average.

Amanda

I do cook at home way more than I ever eat out. It's more snacks, things to help me thru the day. Chips/sweets are much cheaper than nuts.
    Maybe I'm just making excuses. But, most people around me feel the same.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    huango wrote: »

Amanda

I do cook at home way more than I ever eat out. It's more snacks, things to help me thru the day. Chips/sweets are much cheaper than nuts.
    Maybe I'm just making excuses. But, most people around me feel the same.

Try fruit instead. Bananas are my go to snack
  • tiffanylytle73
    tiffanylytle73 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal is to feel more comfortable in my own skin. I need to work on my health physically and mentally. Putting more focus on a healthy diet and cutting out/or reducing alcohol is a goal of mine.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    My goal is to feel more comfortable in my own skin. I need to work on my health physically and mentally. Putting more focus on a healthy diet and cutting out/or reducing alcohol is a goal of mine.
    I can totally relate about wanting to feel comfortable in my own skin. My BF loves me the way I am and absolutely can not understand why I want to change. I am so grateful that he loves me this way. I can not get him to understand that I don't love me the way I am.
    I keep trying to get motivated and do more. I think I am just beating myself down. I have a lot of stress due to work and personal things. I can easily walk away from junk and not eat it. I do, however feel that is a huge reason why I can't lose anything. Too much stress, too little sleep, too much mental exhaustion.

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    For @arniedog74 think of your BF that he loves you no matter what. Now you just have to find your happy place. My husband was afraid I would lose weight and leave him so it was very rockie for a while. Now we have both found our happy place he knows I am happier and I'm not going anywhere. I know that no matter what I look like my husband loves me. But it was really rough for a while and I had to just be tough and put myself first.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Thank you @2020pinktogo! I often think that's his concern as well. He won't say so. Just a feeling I get. I am doing this for me. I truly want to feel better. I just need to stop letting things get me down. I easily get off track and headed in the wrong direction.