weight not changed, but look has.

Options
EttaMaeMartin
EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
i am 5'8'', currently weigh 149#. i have been doing this for months, have a scale, have measuring cups, am conscious of everything that goes in my mouth. the scale will go a pound or one any direction, but that is about it. i am counting everything. i am eating so clean and weighing. just maybe could this be the weight i am meant to be. i am very lean, an every day hot vinyasa yogi. maybe i should pay attention to how my clothes look and feel, hell my size 4 jeans fit! i am trying to eat only 1200-1300 calories a day. if i ate more maybe i would lose more? or just be happy and stay here. i really want 10 pounds gone. any advice welcome on what i am doing wrong. according to this i should weigh 130, but don't know if it figures in your type of athletic lean build? HELP? please! no critiques just some pleasant advice on the last 10.

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I tend to think this is the weight you are meant to be if you are doing hot yoga every day, eating clean, measuring, etc. Don't forget you are tall and you are lean! MFP's guidelines probably don't take into account a lean physique or developed muscle mass. I would go by how your clothes fit. Don't get hung up on the actual number on the scale. Since you're tall, some of that weight is just bone mass, and there is nothing you can do about it. I say enjoy being a nice tall, model-esque size 4 and keep doing what you are doing!
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Could you get your Body Fat % measured? You sound like a healthy gorgeous gal, but if its bothering you see if a nearby gym has BF calipers.
  • tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Take some photos. You maybe be recomping and not realizing it! I felt like I wasn't making progress but the photos don't lie. You could add some cardio a few times a week to get more of a deficit if you want. I don't know about the eat more thing. I don't really buy into it but there some who do. Just not my experience.

You could also try switching up your exercise routine. Our body will become used to something we do all the time. I switch my routine up every few months so that I don't get too used to one thing. I've lost 16lbs since Feb and now have added heavier weights 3 times a week and am not seeing much movement on the scale but am seeing that leaned defined look that in going for starting to emerge.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options
    i want to thank all who responded. i think acceptance is the answer. yes i would like to be 10 pounds down, but hey i am 50 and i feel long and lean, clothes fit, but i am always pushing to the limit. will keep tracking. it says i will weigh 130 in 5 weeks. it has been saying that for awhile...... again thank you. best of luck to all in your journey. namaste j
  • sourface75
    sourface75 Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I recommend a dexa scan. They are quick, accurate and give a great indication of your current muscle, fat and bone density. I get one every year as the scale lies :)
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'8" and was shooting for 135. I have stalled at 140. I am working out every day (almost) still counting and measuring and nothing seems to make a change. I am seeing some changes in the mirror though and have been pleased with that. I think that needs to be our goal and not a number on the scale necessarily.

BUT if you do get a good answer, let me know ;)
  • LittleCulturedPearl
    LittleCulturedPearl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try the 5:2 fasting schedule! It might help.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options
    cdgross81 wrote: »
    I am also 5'8" and was shooting for 135. I have stalled at 140. I am working out every day (almost) still counting and measuring and nothing seems to make a change. I am seeing some changes in the mirror though and have been pleased with that. I think that needs to be our goal and not a number on the scale necessarily.

i am becoming a believer. but i still have to be logging everything that i eat to stay in this shape and maybe cut more!
  • Dragana_S
    Dragana_S Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Do not slow down!!!! Get rid of the scale! Go just by the mirror, tape measure and how you feel, please get rid of the scale, it is a motivation killer. I am heavier now than when I started to eat healthy and exercise but I fit into 2 size smaller jeans and I have a six pack while before I had just bacon and love handles. Make your goal in inches not in weight.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    Options
    Dragana_S wrote: »

Do not slow down!!!! Get rid of the scale! Go just by the mirror, tape measure and how you feel, please get rid of the scale, it is a motivation killer. I am heavier now than when I started to eat healthy and exercise but I fit into 2 size smaller jeans and I have a six pack while before I had just bacon and love handles. Make your goal in inches not in weight.

i totally agree, thank you. the scale is a huge buzz kill when people are telling me how lean and fit i look. just going to keep on with what i am doing. my clothes fit and look good. thank- you for the agreement on the scale!