August Challenge

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,753 Member
Set your challenge and put your results here.

Let's make the most of our last full month of summertime :)

Replies

• evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Plant 16 blueberry bushes, 10 raspberry plants, 3 gooseberry bushes, and 7 small fruit trees in the yard at my new house. AND drink 8 glasses of water a day (I really don't do to good on drinking enough water on a daily basis)
  • retirehappy
    Options
    That's a lot of exercise you have planned there. The berries next year will be a good reward.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I have decided to give this a go this month:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-28-day-squat-challenge-youll-want-to-start-now/

I love squats, hate lunges, so this will get me to doing something I like a lot more.
    In addition:
    Continuing Body Flex classes
    Get back to Zumba class
    Get the TRX system reset up in my exercise room and start using it!

• evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Won't have berries for at least 2 years but I want to get them in the ground asap
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Once they come on, @evesmom2 , do send some around! I will be back to meeting 10000 daily goal steps. Heat here in Nevada is abating, and my smashed small toe looks almost normal again after three months. Still hurts, but not as much.. :-)
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have decided to give IF 18:6 a good try and will be completing C25K (on week 6 of 8 but I'm finding these last weeks to be the most demanding). I need some strong structure as this will be a truly crazy month schedule-wise
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Write down my food. Faithfully do all my physical therapy exercises. Every day. Every day!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I am doing well with the squat challenge and have even decided to do them with weights. √

Continuing Body Flex classes √

Get back to Zumba class. Doing this at home instead, I have several of their dvds. 2 sessions this week √

Get the TRX system reset up in my exercise room and start using it! Brought up the ladder so I can reach the connectors in the ceiling, work in progress. I also decided I need to take at least one private session with a trainer for this, it just doesn't work when I try and get hubby to show me how to do things.

• Gr8tToBFit
    Gr8tToBFit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to focus on doing 30 minutes of exercise every morning first thing and to write down my food every day. Every Single Day---got to figure this out!
  • Bikerchickmomma
    Bikerchickmomma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Restart my bike training. It got side-tracked with a plethora of activity since the end of May. Time to make my health and fitness the #1 priority.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    The good:
    Still making at least one body flex class a week.
    Doing the squat challenge with weights, I really like doing this one a ton.
    Have done a few zumba dvds so far, and I did a lot of hiking the last couple of days.

The bad:
    TRX system is still sitting in the corner of the room awaiting my attention. Soon I promise. :/
    I also need to arrange a trainer still.

How is everyone else doing?
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Got the TRX system in place. I will get my training session paid for and set up later today when I go to my body flex class. I made most of my body flex classes, just missed the one day when I was at the hospital to get my sister, can't feel bad about doing that instead.

Made it to my Zumba class again. My instructor saw me and came over and gave me a hug and said " I missed you, glad you're back." After class she told me I make the others step up their dancing. Made me feel guilty I hadn't been back for so long.

I made it through the squat challenge and I even upped my game through over half of them with weights as well.

I am looking at a plank challenge and a dumbbell challenge trying to decide which to do next. I enjoy working with dumbbells so would probably get that completed, but I need the plank work, I've let my body weight strength training slide a bit lately. So I probably need to do that one instead. So build on success or challenge myself harder, which way do I go?

How are the rest of you lovely ladies doing on your August challenge? I'll be posting Sept. thread later.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Challenge time for the month is ending. My steps totals are back up close to goal. Rhe firbit doesnt seem to register steps all the time, but I'm moving and it does up in the daily burn. I'm battling chocolate supply (dear DH!) And giving in to munching at bridge. Control thyself!
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Sharon, you have had a lot of challenges this summer with BIL, moving, sale of home, etc. Hope your autumn will be more mellow.