Blood sugar - crazy readings

Options
Luizam25
Luizam25 Posts: 87 Member
Hi there,

My blood sugar is going all over the map regardless of diet and medication. It is above 150 at fasting in the morning and it goes into the normal blood sugar values 2 h after the meal - I watch the diet strictly. I limited the amount of carbs in general. I exercise moderately too. I will see my endo next week but my question for all of you partners in suffering is this:

- Did it happen to you too? I mean you kept doing the right regimen/meds but readings changed dramatically...

Thanks a lot,
Luiza

Replies

• CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    How are you sleeping?
    Do you wake up in the middle of the night? Get up at 3am to go to the bathroom? Can't go back to sleep?
    Toss and turn?

Believe it or not those things can affect your blood sugar reading first thing in the morning.
    I would not have believed it myself, but when I was wearing my fitbit 24 hours a day, I noticed on nights when the fitbit recorded my sleeping as fitful, erratic, or if I got up to go to the bathroom at, say, 4 or 5 am, my blood sugar was considerably higher first thing (even when I was tightly monitoring my foods) than on nights when I slept clear through.

When I told my doc, she was surprised, but admitted that it made sense.

Good luck. o:)

• Luizam25
    Luizam25 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I do all those. My dog wakes me up too. I am very tired in the morning.

Thanks a lot.