Went Keto for the first time

Options
I have been bouncing around with LCHF for sometime now. It's hard at times when you love ice cream and sugar. Plus i have my kids around with me most of the day and they like there carbs now and then lol.. I finally went a few days and kept my carbs below 30. I try for 25-30 on my weight lifting days but sometimes still only get 20 or less. Yesterday i felt like crap and last night did also.

Was out in shop late last night welding and my sweat smelt like cat piss which is a sigh
of keto also.

Today i feel great better then i have in along time. I had to force down my normal breakfast of some bacon and three eggs. I feel very full and don't see how i will get all my Fat and protein in.

I have lost a few inches over all in last 1-3 days and 3-4 pounds or so. Also had slight gains in my arm muscle.( About 3/16 of a inch or so. The best motivation is i don't want to go back and forth feeling like crap with Keto flue again lol.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Great job on your losses...and your gains!

Make sure to get your electrolytes in balance so you don't suffer from fatigue and headaches. That can also help with your exercise.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Fat is super easy to get in! Really! Add melted butter to meats, eggs and veggies or drink a Tbsp in coffee or tea. Or try coconut oil or bacon grease with veggies. Heavy whipping cream, sour cream, mayo, cheese, salami, cream cheese, bacon... Ea fatty cuts of meat, use olive oil on salads... I eat too much fat, lol! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The unhungry feeling will pass with time. You don't have to force food in when you aren't hungry. The hungrier days will even out with the unhungry days. Read in the stickies, at the top of the group forum page, about electrolyte issues that can come with this woe. This information is a great help for ketoers!

Congratulations on your early success!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    The unhungry feeling will pass with time. You don't have to force food in when you aren't hungry. The hungrier days will even out with the unhungry days. Read in the stickies, at the top of the group forum page, about electrolyte issues that can come with this woe. This information is a great help for ketoers!

Yes the unhungry days will pass I miss them! Lol Not that I'm overly hungry except for the odd hormonal day, but the days of not having hardly having any appetite are gone. Do they come back?
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Karlottap wrote: »

Yes the unhungry days will pass I miss them! Lol Not that I'm overly hungry except for the odd hormonal day, but the days of not having hardly having any appetite are gone. Do they come back?

Not sure if they come back, but today is definitely an un-hungry day for me and I've been doing this since March. Come to think of it, yesterday was as well. Had my scrambled eggs and cheese for breakfast, then didn't eat again until we had dinner at 10 at night (yeah we eat weird) and then it was two pork chops and some cucumber salad. And uh... that was it. No other snacks.