Scale going up

Options
Fumpydink
Fumpydink Posts: 49 Member
Ok I know this is probably being a bit melodramatic but did anyone see their scales nudge up in the first week? I get the whole fluctuations thing but it kinda makes me go arghhh this is not working for me. It's literally only been a few days so I know this is an overreaction. I guess what I'm looking for is a bit of reassurance from OMADers that this does happen and it's totally fine and to quit whingeing about it and get on with OMAD cos it will work fine.

Replies

• OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi~

Joe has a youtube channel that cover EVERY single thing we can think of and more about this, including the scale. Here's the link and pls. check out his channel, you'll be GLAD you did:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqU8_UPK09E2RRt78CXJ2KQ

I'm very new too, just been here a little bit more than a month, so I still am learning so much too. When I first joined a month or so ago, I was so freaking out about the scale, but no more. What's become more important to me that the scale is my tape measure. Also I'm starting to take weekly pics, which for me is a HUGE accomplishment and feat, because I was so fearful and dreading taking my measurements and pics, but after a month, no more.

Lastly, when I first started, the scale was a huge emotional factor. Bob posted a comment to me about that that totally calmed me down and helped so much. PLS. check out OMAD Revolutions videos!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Weight can fluctuate especially if eating salty foods. I never freak about one scale reading because we can't gain weight that fast. I gain 3-lbs every cheat day but it's not fat weight and is just food weight. I typically lose it all back drinking a lot and doing omad for a couple days. Long term measurements are what are important. If those are bad, re-evaluate other causes.
  • Fumpydink
    Options
    Thanks blambo! I just had a serial dieters freakout! Putting the scales away has really helped!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself daily (actually two to three times a day - morning, after working out, and before bed) so that I can see what stuff does to me. That is how I know that I gain and lose the weight like I explained. I can understand the exasperation though when you see the extra weight that was not expected. If it is bothering you, definitely put it away!
  • Fumpydink
    Options
    Yeah, for me the weighing of me and the weighing of food is how I snapped last time. I need to chill out basically.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Fumpydink wrote: »
    Yeah, for me the weighing of me and the weighing of food is how I snapped last time. I need to chill out basically.

I love what Bob said about how he weights himself 3 times a day, morning, noon and night. I never thought about doing it that way. That takes a lot of the "compulsion" out of it. That said, I was reading the basics this morning and saw the "only weigh yourself once every 7 days". That's what I' going to be aiming for--until then I reach that wonderful goal (to me), Bob's way sounds like a better way than I'm doing it. Also, measuring yourself is a tremendous tool too. As well as pictures!