Net Carbs

Options
rezb0
rezb0 Posts: 2 Member
Hi guys,

I don't know about you but i like to log net carbs, and unfortunately MFP does gross carbs, meaning amongst other things the pie chart is not correct.

I guess i could go and change all the micros for each of the items i use in my recipes but that seems a little much..

Anyone know an app which does track net carbs?

Or any ways around it on MFP? - as i'm so glad i finally found a tracker that has a lot of UK ingredients on :o)

keto on

Andy

Replies

• cali_ketos
    cali_ketos Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Carb manager but I think you'd have to pay
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript

Follow the instructions on this script. Need to be tracking both carbs and fibre. It works only on the web version.
  • piper_granny
    piper_granny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    net carbs is simply carbs minus the fiber in any food. you can't just take your total fiber for the day and subtract if from your total carbs - it's per food. so, if you eat cashews, for example, you'd take the carb count minus the fiber to get your net carbs for cashews. MFP won't let you plug that in, but I read somewhere that they're planning to make a new version have that capability. I don't worry about it too much, as I'm trying to go as low carb as I possibly can, my daily limit is 15g carbs.
  • HeartIcare
    HeartIcare Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    For the last two weeks, I have stayed under my daily limit but went over carb 15g limit. While MFP says if continued I will lose weight. The scale, however, doesn't budge but the measuring tape says I'm losing some cm. Think I have to go back to more smoothies and shakes in my daily meals.
  • xoberutangis
    xoberutangis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also use net carbs and mfp, personally I just go to the nutrition details page and subtract whatever the fiber is from the carbs (but I use the mobile app a lot).