Reverse Dieting?

Options
I am 4lbs away from my goal and need to start reversing dieting. I still want to continue to lose weight, but I don't need to do it as rapidly as I have been. I am working on building the muscle I used to have but also lowering body fat %. Does anyone have any tips on reverse dieting, gaining muscle, and lowering bf%? I might try the IIFYM. Tried it before but got lazy. Also if anyone is in the same boat feel free to add me, would love more girls who love lifting! Thanks!

Replies

• squidsydney
    squidsydney Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you are starting.... Set your protein and fat macros and keep them steady. Then add 25g carbs every week or so (longer if your body needs more time to adjust) and slowly decrease cardio to normal range if you had increased it to lose weight & keep lifting schedule normal/high. These are the basics of RD
  • StevieFishwick
    StevieFishwick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you are starting.... Set your protein and fat macros and keep them steady. Then add 25g carbs every week or so (longer if your body needs more time to adjust) and slowly decrease cardio to normal range if you had increased it to lose weight & keep lifting schedule normal/high. These are the basics of RD

good advice thanks! my friend has me on a plan now! same idea!

• jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you want to learn about body recomposition. There is an awesome thread right here with all the deets you need:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am the same as you. After having a DEXA I have been told to eat 1400 calories 40% carbs 30% protein and fat and do split weight sessions, lower body one day and upper body the next day and do each twice a week. I have to lift heavy enough to fatigue the muscles I use each time. Good luck with your goals.
  • StevieFishwick
    StevieFishwick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    DiIDE wrote: »
    I am the same as you. After having a DEXA I have been told to eat 1400 calories 40% carbs 30% protein and fat and do split weight sessions, lower body one day and upper body the next day and do each twice a week. I have to lift heavy enough to fatigue the muscles I use each time. Good luck with your goals.

Awesome! This is what I am doing as well actually! My weight schedule is a little different than yours but same diet plan :) it's going well and my muscles are healing much faster from eating more protein!