New to 16:8 and need help.

Options
debsfran
debsfran Posts: 97 Member
Hi all.
New to 16:8. Currently I start my day with bulletproof coffee which keeps me through till midday (my window is 12-8) but now I'm concerned, is my BPC breaking my fast?

Also would chewing gum break my fast?
I have searched the answer to this question on Google but am getting conflicting results. A lot are religion fasting related.

I am trying high fat/low carb intake
Thanks in advance everyone.

Replies

• worley77
    worley77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Zero calorie coffees and teas as well as other zero calorie beverages do not break the fast. Make sure your chewing gum is sugar free and around 5 calories and you'll be fine.
  • mamiaof3
    mamiaof3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I survive on bulletproof coffee & green tea throughout my fast (18:6 usually) & odd sugarfree gum. Have lost 7lbs in 12 days on low carb 1200 daily cals so keep it up u can do this!!!
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I watched a seminar on fasting which suggested that because bulletproof coffee doesn't spike insulin levels, it effectively doesn't break the fast?
  • maezombiegirl
    maezombiegirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am seeing this more and more often, that people start their day this way. I hope it is true, because this is my second day of BPC and it is great to be able to drink coffee whenever I want now instead of waiting until noon.
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of reading The Perfect Health Diet by Paul Jaminet, and it advocates a 16:8, but also says that MCT or coconut oil and also plain broth are NOT considered "fast breakers" due to the lack of insulin response.
  • daiyewalker
    daiyewalker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If I don't have BPC, I have a hard time lasting until noon, and if I do, its with a cranky headache. Once I added great lakes gelatin into my BPC, (my protein levels get low) but I think that broke the fast, at least it physical felt like it.