breakfast options?

Options
shaybosh
shaybosh Posts: 50 Member
looking for some low-carb breakfast ideas. I'm allergic to eggs (intolerance, so can have small amounts), and I do NOT like cottage cheese! I've been having plain greek or icelandic yogurt with some xylitol to sweeten it and some chia seeds, and sometimes half a cup of raspberries or some melon). But I'd love some alternatives!
On busy mornings I'll have a pack of Kewaza dark chocolate peanut butter balls, which taste great and have 6 net carbs and 6g protein per pack of 2.

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    bulletproof chai tea or coffee is usually enough for me. If I need more (or if like today, I ran short of my chai mix), I'll have an avocado half (or the whole thing) with bacon bits in the center holes, topped with grated parm and baked until the cheese browns a bit. Yummy!!
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    So far on this WOE I've had green smoothies (spinach and avo), coconut porridge, low carb coconut flour bread with nutbutter, and chia pudding. Also yoghurt with low carb granola. All homemade of course.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Ohh! And pancakes! Cream cheese pancakes with homemade keto maple syrup.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Steak for breakfast is my favorite-- I'll cook an extra and have it the next morning, cold or reheated.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Breakfast can be anything! If you can't have eggs, that's fine! My go to breakfast is bacon but I also like the steak idea.

How come breakfast for dinner aka brinner is such an accepted concept but the reverse is not so true? I will eat steak for breakfast. I will eat chicken wings for breakfast.

It's just breaking your fast. There's no law that you can't have steak and wings before 10am.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is leftover moo shi pork. Traditional "breakfast" foods don't thrill me in the morning.
  • diabdiane
    diabdiane Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the straight up cottage cheese thing. I use a little stevia and throw in some blueberries or cantaloupe balls. It helps me to have just as many options as I can. I know many folks who do vegetables, my nod to that is to try and get a carrot or a stalk of celery in a couple of times a week.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat Spam for breakfast. Sometimes sausage. Sometimes a protein shake that I discussed in it's own thread. Sometimes BPC. Sometimes sausage and pepper soup. Time of day and type of food became unhitched a long time ago for me.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    How do you feel in the mornings? As in how hungry are you?
  • shaybosh
    shaybosh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Not very hungry, but i take meds in the morning that I'm supposed to take with food. And I'll often workout in the mornings.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    shaybosh wrote: »
    Not very hungry, but i take meds in the morning that I'm supposed to take with food. And I'll often workout in the mornings.

So, if it were me, I would have a fatty coffee and see if you feel ok taking meds with just that. If not, have a few almonds or something small like 1 egg.
    But, the coffee has calories and should count as eating. No rules the food must be solid.
    Fasted exercise is also a great way to maximize burning body fat.