Over 50 years old women- need help getting started

Options
tracydr
tracydr Posts: 528 Member
Hey,all. I'm over 50, just can't seem to get motivated to lose. I need to lose at least 30 lbs. I have some significant health issues and can't take hormones. I think part of my issue lately is the lack of hormone. I have no energy and even when I do eat healthy I can't seem to lose.
Help!
I have had recent blood work,everything looked okay.

Replies

• jlann55
    jlann55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want to wish you great success in your weight loss, I'm over 50 also... but I have a lot of weight to lose.... this site is a good place to start..
  • candledamachine
    candledamachine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I'm in the same boat, although I have a ton of weight to lose. I'm not going to let any physical limitation stop me. I can't seem to pull it together to come up with a viable plan for myself. I'm just doing "stuff" and hoping that it works. I did get a fitness tracker and got on here, so that's a definite start. So far, so good.

I think one of the keys to success is to do stuff even if you're tired and unmotivated. Eventually it'll all become a new habit. At least that's what they're telling me. I'm going to believe them since everything I've done to myself hasn't been good for my health. :)

Let's try to support each other and see if we can't make some positive results happen!
  • CounselorNelson
    CounselorNelson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    tracydr wrote: »
    Hey,all. I'm over 50, just can't seem to get motivated to lose. I need to lose at least 30 lbs. I have some significant health issues and can't take hormones. I think part of my issue lately is the lack of hormone. I have no energy and even when I do eat healthy I can't seem to lose.
    Help!
    I have had recent blood work,everything looked okay.
    I can definitely relate! My body does not act the same as it did even 5-10 years ago! I've packed on 30-40 pounds in the past 5 years; most of it in the past 2. Dr. says I'm not in menopause even tho I have all the symptoms. I'm on a good track for motivation right now. I don't want to lose momentum so groups like this are going to be crucial for me. I'll enjoy chatting with you!

• MsLadyTAW
    MsLadyTAW Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I'm in the same boat, although I have a ton of weight to lose. I'm not going to let any physical limitation stop me. I can't seem to pull it together to come up with a viable plan for myself. I'm just doing "stuff" and hoping that it works. I did get a fitness tracker and got on here, so that's a definite start. So far, so good.

I think one of the keys to success is to do stuff even if you're tired and unmotivated. Eventually it'll all become a new habit. At least that's what they're telling me. I'm going to believe them since everything I've done to myself hasn't been good for my health. :)

Let's try to support each other and see if we can't make some positive results happen!

I'm on board for support!
  • want8me9bk
    want8me9bk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello all, Im on board with this also!! We all seem to need a support system after reading these posts?? I know I do. I have a lot to lose and its tough being older and trying to lose it!! One day at a time!! I hope you all have a great start to this week!!! :-)
  • sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I haven't been around much lately, but will try to check in more often.