What's bugging you?

Options

Replies

• fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hoovhome, we're all here for you. You've got this.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
    Options
    hoovhome wrote: »
    I am going to visit my son in a bit This week, I won't be staying long, as it is on my way out of town for my granddaughter's 4th birthday tomorrow. What's bugging me today is this. I have a large lump - which may be nothing - but the weight loss has revealed a difference that needs to be checked out. I know that no matter what, I will be okay. But today and all this week, it is really bugging me. Thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

Prayers!
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ladies. I thought about not posting about this. On a brighter note, we had a great weekend and brought our 4 year old grandson home with us for a three-week visit. Our son's family with three little ones will be here next weekend for 3 days and my 5-year old niece's Mom just went back to work, so we have her every weekday. There are great things happening and I am looking forward to every day of it! God is good.
  • hoovhome
    Options
    Update: I had a clinic visit today that revealed a one large and one small lump with no palpable lymph activity and no necrosis. With the size of the large lump without necrosis, she was encouraged and believes this will be benign. I will have a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound on August 1. It would be sooner, but I am continuing life as normal, which means church camp next week. We also learned today that we will have the four-year-old grandson for a few months, so will enroll him in pre-k here.

I am encouraged, hopeful, and continuing to trust God. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
  • fwitsend1277
    Options
    Continuing to keep you in prayers
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    Continuing to pray for you.
  • hoovhome
    Options
    Thank you, ladies. I had a biopsy yesterday and will have results next week. Will also likely have an MRI next week regardless of biopsy results. Until then, I am living every moment I draw breath to the best of my ability.
  • fwitsend1277
    Options
    Hoping your biopsy results are good. Praying for the best
  • valerieblaydes
    valerieblaydes Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Love, prayers, and hugs @hoovhome
  • hoovhome
    Options
    Thread killer. :-1: Lately when I log in, I see my name as the last to post several days prior. I am sorry my situation seems to have caused a damper on the group. I am proud of us and hope we will all keep pushing toward our goals, regardless of whatever circumstances we are facing. Thank you for hanging in there!
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    @hoovhome you haven't put a damper on the group at all!! I know it is a busy month for me especially with school starting and 5 kids. I read posts but don't always comment. I think people may just busy right now. Post away! That is what we are here for!
  • fwitsend1277
    Options
    No your not a thread killer at all....this place is just super quiet now. It's not your situation at all. Big hugs.
  • shawna_25
    shawna_25 Posts: 84 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @hoovhome You definitely aren't causing a damper on anyone. Like me, a bunch of us disappeared for personal reasons. I'm sorry about your current situation, it must be very difficult for you, yet you're still here pushing on through. How amazing of you. Truly admiring. Very happy your insurance was approved and the ball is finally rolling!
    Thanks for still being here :smiley:

P.s. Thanks to everyone (who is active) for still being here-you've made it super easy to transition back into fitness ❤️
  • RunningNeeNee69
    RunningNeeNee69 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I turned 47 in June and im falling apart..just got put on a beta blocker for high blood pressure and anxiety..yesterday was horrible..bp ok but the anxiety is causing me to have indegestion and headaches and very emotional..or am I starting menopause? Either way I'm miserable!! And ready for a change and b happy again:/
  • hoovhome
    Options
    Thanks, ladies. I keep saying I am through with my pity party, but maybe not. LOL. This afternoon, I got a call to schedule my needle biopsy for next Wednesday. My [new] general doctor met with me today and we are devising a game plan to boost my immunity and get ready for battle.
  • fwitsend1277
    Options
    I'll keep praying.
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    I turned 47 in June and im falling apart..just got put on a beta blocker for high blood pressure and anxiety..yesterday was horrible..bp ok but the anxiety is causing me to have indegestion and headaches and very emotional..or am I starting menopause? Either way I'm miserable!! And ready for a change and b happy again:/

Anxiety is not easy....I have problems with anxiety.
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    Thanks, ladies. I keep saying I am through with my pity party, but maybe not. LOL. This afternoon, I got a call to schedule my needle biopsy for next Wednesday. My [new] general doctor met with me today and we are devising a game plan to boost my immunity and get ready for battle.

I am here for you and will keep praying!
  • hoovhome
    Options
    RunningNeeNee, hang in there! I am a firm believer that nutrition is the answer to so many of our problems. My new mantra is "if the food does not GIVE life via nutrients then I will not eat it". You can do this - read up on foods that help lower blood pressures (onions...etc) but probably increasing fiber may help.

In the meantime, since my post above, I learned my issue is indeed cancer. I will have an MRI on Tuesday, 9/6/16, and meet with a surgeon that afternoon. He will recommend treatment to shrink the tumor for 3-6 months prior to surgery. In the meantime, I am using nutrition to begin my own shrinkage treatment and will listen intently to see whether he is receptive to hearing that news. In a perfect world, he will be receptive to me using my nutrition methods for three months and scan again to see if there is shrinkage. If it works, then I will push to continue for another three months. For those of you who are Christians, please pray for the medical staff and for me and my family. The decisions are ultimately mine, but my family support system needs to be in agreement for this to work as it should.

• typeitdaily
    Options
    RunningNeeNee, hang in there! I am a firm believer that nutrition is the answer to so many of our problems. My new mantra is "if the food does not GIVE life via nutrients then I will not eat it". You can do this - read up on foods that help lower blood pressures (onions...etc) but probably increasing fiber may help.

In the meantime, since my post above, I learned my issue is indeed cancer. I will have an MRI on Tuesday, 9/6/16, and meet with a surgeon that afternoon. He will recommend treatment to shrink the tumor for 3-6 months prior to surgery. In the meantime, I am using nutrition to begin my own shrinkage treatment and will listen intently to see whether he is receptive to hearing that news. In a perfect world, he will be receptive to me using my nutrition methods for three months and scan again to see if there is shrinkage. If it works, then I will push to continue for another three months. For those of you who are Christians, please pray for the medical staff and for me and my family. The decisions are ultimately mine, but my family support system needs to be in agreement for this to work as it should.

You are all in my prayers! I'm sorry to hear it turned out to be cancer. Huge hugs!