help with intermittent fasting

Options
kennygang
kennygang Posts: 93 Member
I have been doing keto/lc for about 2 weeks and I am very interested in learning about IF and exactly how to do it. My hunger is really disappeared and I feel like this is something I can manage without it being a big deal. I am probably have insulin resistance and from what I read this may really help in my weight loss. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF 4 days a week. Its helped tremendously. I could do every day, but I eat when Im bored. Getting your coconut oil, or Mct oil really helps with hunger..but if your in ketosis hunger ahiuldent be a big problem. Lol..you dont get hangry
  • kennygang
    kennygang Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    so if I last eat at 800 pm and go through the night and have my coffee with hwc and coconut oil around 800 am and don't eat again until say 1-2 pm is that considered IF?
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    kennygang wrote: »
    so if I last eat at 800 pm and go through the night and have my coffee with hwc and coconut oil around 800 am and don't eat again until say 1-2 pm is that considered IF?

Some people allow the cream in IF and some don't. Personally I do coffee with coconut oil and butter. I did my first IF yesterday. Stopped eating at 9:30 and will continue not eating anthing til my lunch break at 12:30.
    Though I'm pretty hungry already. So we shall see.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I find it generally pretty easy to do lean gains style, which is what you've described throughout the week. I really eat no more or less for lunch if I eat breakfast or not. (If I brought it/ordered it whatever I usually finish it) therefore, breakfast just equals more calories. Weekends are much harder with more idle time to wander around and have access to the kitchen.

I generally don't get hungry until 10 or so, so lunch at noon then dinner is around 5-6 (yes I'm old, lol). that's usually it for me. I don't typically snack after dinner.

I used to do more Warrior diet style, one large meal in the evening. I have noticed on the days I skip lunch or push it back I get the heightened focus/alertness/sense of awareness. not sure what to call it. It is an interesting feeling that I may experiment more with. Funny thing is when I tried WD on SAD I never got that feeling.