Ice cream

2»

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    edited August 2016
    bametels wrote: »
    [quote="ladipoet;37352106" I made up a batch of low carb black forest ice cream.

This sounds DELICIOUS! Do you have a recipe that you can share?

[/quote]

@bametels and @auntstephie321 ...It's a work in progress...I found a non Keto recipe online somewhere and have ketofied it. Will share the recipe tonight once I get home and have it in front of me.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Okay so, after a pint if Halo Top mint chip, I can say that yeah, this stuff is legit. The being said, I did eat it post lifting session, so the sugars in it have me feeling like I am on fire. It's sixty degrees in this room at work, and I feel like I am sitting in a sauna. Forgot about pwo carb-ups making me feel like an inferno for an hour.
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    I discovered an amazing ice cream recipe sort of by happy accident... I just posted it on my blog... It's SO creamy and rich... 0.5 cup is 7 net carbs and because it's so rich I don't think I could eat more than that in a sitting. https://anewlifeatforty.wordpress.com/2016/08/11/lchf-vanilla-cheese-cake-ice-cream-recipe/
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    I'm not sure if you knew this already or if it was taken into account when calculating net carbs, but make sure you subtract and fiber and sugar alcohols (not simply sugar, has to be alcohols) and that is actually your net carb. Lots of people don't know that sugar alcohols can also be subtracted if they are in the product.... *rainbow* THE MORE YOU KNOW *rainbow* ;)

After you subtract the fiber and alcohols its like 4 carbs per 1/2 cup totally fine with me. I paid 4.59 per container here in All.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    edited August 2016
    Okay so @bametels and @auntstephie321, here is the link to the recipe:

http://www.lowcarbsosimple.com/low-carb-black-forest-ice-cream/

I suggest cooking the coconut milk and sugar substitute until well combined because melting Swerve over heat is the only way to eliminate he graininess the recipe's author talks about. I also suggest adding 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon of guar or xanthan gum because the recipe has no thickener in it. Additionally, I recommend adding 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin to the mixture before churning and 1-2 tablespoons of vodka to the ice cream 2-3 minutes before churning is completed.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    ladipoet wrote: »

Thanks so much!!
  • KatMac22072004
    KatMac22072004 Posts: 30 Member
    It is delicious! I had the birthday cake the other night. Probably won't be a regular thing, it was $11!! Im in Australia tho, so not sure what this compares to in US dollars. Re the person who said they pay less than $1 for a dozen eggs, why have I not moved to the US yet?! Damn!
  • Gallowmere1984
    edited August 2016
    It is delicious! I had the birthday cake the other night. Probably won't be a regular thing, it was $11!! Im in Australia tho, so not sure what this compares to in US dollars. Re the person who said they pay less than $1 for a dozen eggs, why have I not moved to the US yet?! Damn!

It's only in certain parts of the US, apparently. I live in Virginia (which has notably low "hidden" taxes that happen before things even hit shelves) whereas places like New York, Illinois, and California are notorious for such things, and thus the shelf prices are usually much higher.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member

It's only in certain parts of the US, apparently. I live in Virginia (which has notably low "hidden" taxes that happen before things even hit shelves) whereas places like New York, Illinois, and California are notorious for such things, and thus the shelf prices are usually much higher.

Yep. I moved from NH to AL to IL to TX and it's crazy what the differing prices are. When fuel hit $5.00 a gal in IL it was about $2.30 in Tx....
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    I discovered an amazing ice cream recipe sort of by happy accident... I just posted it on my blog... It's SO creamy and rich... 0.5 cup is 7 net carbs and because it's so rich I don't think I could eat more than that in a sitting. https://anewlifeatforty.wordpress.com/2016/08/11/lchf-vanilla-cheese-cake-ice-cream-recipe/

<3
  • Kellryn
    Kellryn Posts: 139 Member
    I may have to try some. I went searching for it last weekend and found it at QFC, but it was over $6 a pint, so I bought arctic zero instead ($3 a pint). Arctic zero is also low carb, but it didn't taste good at all. I gave it to my nephew...
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    It gave me gastric distress....so sad, as it's so delicious....

Damn. Erythritol isn't supposed to do that! Imodium sprinkles?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Kellryn wrote: »
    I may have to try some. I went searching for it last weekend and found it at QFC, but it was over $6 a pint, so I bought arctic zero instead ($3 a pint). Arctic zero is also low carb, but it didn't taste good at all. I gave it to my nephew...

Yeah, I personally found AZ to be just utterly terrible.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    RalfLott wrote: »
    It gave me gastric distress....so sad, as it's so delicious....

Damn. Erythritol isn't supposed to do that! Imodium sprinkles?

Oh it did it. I reacted worse than with maltitol! And no Imodium, thanks. That stuff blocks me up. It would be an extreme battle...myself the innocent (HAHAHAHAHA) bystander.