Help, please

Options
rhjsgal354
rhjsgal354 Posts: 21 Member
I have made my Diary public so I can get some advice and advise me of why I'm not losing weight. I have not lost in the last month. I just need something to work. I stopped everything cold turkey sugar, chocolate, bread, flour etc. It's going on six weeks and I've lost 6 pounds, but I lost all that the first two weeks. I'm going to go to my doctor this next week and ask about a deeper test for thyroid. I think that's my underlining problem but they say no. I'm tired of messing around.

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to access your diary but I know cheese stops me from losing and making sure I stay in a calorie deficit.
  • rhjsgal354
    Options
    I do weigh my food out. Sometimes I use measuring cups and tablespoons to measure everything. I scan a lot too, thankful for that feature. I check for the correct amount form everything, if it is wrong on the database, then I look for one that is a very close match. I track all my calories that I eat throughout the day as I eat them. I have even gone the that site to figure all my macros, I think they are nuts with the 2000? calories they wanted me to eat. I am the one that choose to decrease the calls to 1900. I can not eat 1900 calories and in my diary, you can tell that. I even fast 6 days a week, usually the 16/8. I can eat less than 1000 calls a day and still that scale doesn't move.......
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    So first off, 6 pounds in 6 weeks is a very good loss. There's no reason to be convinced something is wrong because... You lost a pound a week! That's great! It's working.

Second, sure lots of people may lose more than that and maybe you could potentially have lost more. So, I would ask if you have diabetes or insulin resistance, PCOS or any known metabolic disfunction? I suppose there could be something unknown but losing a pound a week suggests your body can lose weight just fine.

What I saw in your diary is it seems you're attempting a Keto level low carb diet??? But rice and pinto beans and tortilla chips and whatever that Burger King chicken for 18g carbs are not Ketogenic foods.
    Many of your breakfasts are not Ketogenic with the sugar content of the berries being close to or higher than the total fat content of your meals.
    I'm on mobile so it's not as easy to look at all the details, and I don't recall how overall fat consumption compared to carbs and protein day by day... But even if it evens out over the course of the day, the breakfasts are heavily leaning toward glucose burning.
    I also don't recall what your sources of fat are and am unable to go back over it right now, but you don't want fake fats. I don't know if anything you had was though. I'm just adding that as it's fairly common. No vegetable oils or margarine and junk like that. No fat free or low fat stuff.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I also noticed that the avocado that you're using to track is inaccurate. Fiber is technically a carb. So if your avocado has 10g of fiber, it should also have at least 10g of carbohydrates. I don't think this would make a massive impact or anything. I just know that for me, accuracy in the things that I log are important
  • rhjsgal354
    Options
    I see what your saying, RunRachelleRun. A lightbulb just went off. Lol. Thank you. I have tried to stay way under the 1900 so that would make up for any type of oversight. I will be paying more attention to detail from now on. I am also going to be lowering my calories to 1400 and see how that goes.

CommandaPanda, thank you, I had not noticed about the avocado. I was told, "Eat an avocado a day and it will do you good", lol, not if its not being logged right.

Sunny-Bunny, I had been told I needed more berries, so I tried the few times. Truthfully, I like my fasting more than those berries.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. It took me a while to figure out what was going wrong when I was having trouble losing. And I still have trouble and have to keep checking on where I might be going wrong. Losing is hard!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    rhjsgal354 wrote: »
    I see what your saying, RunRachelleRun. A lightbulb just went off. Lol. Thank you. I have tried to stay way under the 1900 so that would make up for any type of oversight. I will be paying more attention to detail from now on. I am also going to be lowering my calories to 1400 and see how that goes.

CommandaPanda, thank you, I had not noticed about the avocado. I was told, "Eat an avocado a day and it will do you good", lol, not if its not being logged right.

Sunny-Bunny, I had been told I needed more berries, so I tried the few times. Truthfully, I like my fasting more than those berries.

We don't ever NEED berries but their yummy!
    When I have them, I eat them in the evening. I like to fast til about 2pm each day but with fatty coffee (aka Bulletproof coffee). If you believe Dave Aspreys take on it, any carbs we do consume are best eaten later in the day instead of early.
  • suehbca
    suehbca Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I didn't see your diary, but saw the comments about the rice and beans and other carbohydrates. To get yourself into ketosis some programs say to go with 20 carbs per day. You might get some ketosticks to see if you are in ketosis and maintaining. If you are not in ketosis and burning fat, I think the higher calories from the macro calculators would not be appropriate. I'm at a stall right now, but I am T1 diabetic, low thyroid among other issues, and I have been a yoyo dieter as well. The posts here have helped me to understand that sometimes our bodies need to work on healing and we need to wait until our bodies reach an equilibrium in order to lose more weight. One other idea is to get a tape measure an measure your waist & hips & see if you are losing inches even though the scale hasn't moved. I truly wish you the best!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I also noticed that the avocado that you're using to track is inaccurate. Fiber is technically a carb. So if your avocado has 10g of fiber, it should also have at least 10g of carbohydrates. I don't think this would make a massive impact or anything. I just know that for me, accuracy in the things that I log are important

Many of us subtract fiber from carbs because it's not something that has a glycemic effect. I always remove fiber from my carb count to ensure my net carbs are correct.
  • rhjsgal354
    Options
    I did see that an avocado has 12 carbs and 10 fiber so I was off by 2 carbs ever avocado I had. It's ok though. I am going to regroup and start again on Monday. I need to restart and focus on the positive.
  • ominousdusk
    ominousdusk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    For me, if I don't eat enough calories, I dont lose weight. I am 5'9'" and I need about 2300 for my activity level. If I go under too much for too long the scale doesn't budge.maybe calculate more accurate tdee using body fat percentages make sure you aren't starving yourself
  • janettles
    janettles Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If counting and measuring calories and carbs isn't working for you, there are low carb diets that use food lists instead of counting. I have lost 50+ lbs on the Dukan diet. There are a few Dukan books... The one I am using is: _The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever Hardcover – April 19, 2011. Good luck!