Challenge Ideas

Options
jadeous
jadeous Posts: 133 Member
So I'm not that creative guys, help me out. What should our weekly challenges be? Give me some suggestions exercise, diet, self care, tracking food, I'm open to anything lets get creative and help keep each other motivated and on track.

Replies

• Gottaluvpink24
    Gottaluvpink24 Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi jadeous..... I am not a big veggie eater, so maybe a challenge to eat as many different colors of veggie as we can.... that may get me to try something new!
  • DJPiP3
    DJPiP3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like Pink's idea of having us try out new stuff! Since we all do different diets, we could modify the challenges to fit (for example I can't have sweet or starchy vegetables, but I could find new dark green/leafy vegetables to try out).

What about new ways of preparing food? Maybe one week's challenge could be to pick an ingredient and then find a different way to prepare it for/in a meal for the whole week. This could help people find a new way of cooking they like. (they could list an ingredient and how they prepared it in the comments)

Another challenge could be to restrict yourself from one thing that you eat that you know isn't healthy for a week. For me that would be diet Dr. Pepper. Not having something like that for a week could help people break some bad habits also.

We could also do challenge weeks where we do fasting (should probably be up to the person on how many hours they would want to fast in a week if any at all). I have had really positive experiences with fasting, so maybe other people would enjoy it too.

Another challenge that I would strive for would be a homecooked meal everyday of the week! I have been trying to cut down on the fast food I've been eating, but sometimes it's hard due to work :/

I'm sure anything you come up with that helps us make better choices, try new things, or lose weight in some capacity will be appreciated.
  • acia90
    acia90 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Challenge ideas:
    - exercise minutes each week
    - Distance walked (or steps)
    - Veggie at every meal
    - A different color veggie or fruit each week (or even day)
    - Water intake
    - swap an unhealthy snack for a healthy one
    - meals/snacks tracked each day - I know Im awfult for sticking to tracking everything
    - Fitness improvement - improve # or time of a particular exercise (such as plank time each week, number pushups etc)
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Personally, I need motivation not to eat enough to feed half the UK! :D I eat the good stuff, then more stuff, then some bad stuff!!

One idea could be penalties - for every 100 calories I'm over my net goal, I have to do 10 push-ups... It would make cheat days less epic, that's for sure!!
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    How about a challenge of an hour of movement per day.....so that could be any type of exercise, housework, gardening, etc as long as you're off your duff.
  • amousee
    amousee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Before I found this group I was thinking of a workout a meal. But I think that will be a little much for me. I like the steps walked idea. I read somewhere that walking is a great fat burner.
  • acia90
    acia90 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    No processed food - week, 30 days, 100 days or whatever timeframe we decide upon.