20 by 2017

riveroaks2
riveroaks2 Posts: 3 Member
need to lose 30 lbs

Replies

• jadeous
    jadeous Posts: 133 Member
    I need to lose A LOT more then 20. But I figured a pound a week is definitely obtainable for everybody. I seriously hope I can lose more then that but hey 20lbs gone is 20lbs gone.
  • DJPiP3
    DJPiP3 Posts: 32 Member
    Hey everyone, just saw this group, thought it might be a fun challenge to do. I have been on keto diet since February this year and have lost 60 pounds so far. Looking forward to losing another 40 to be at around 160 lb. Don't really have a goal for when I want to lose it all, but another 20 lb by the end of this year would be awesome.

I feel like an active goal like this will keep me more on track. Hope the group stays active and gets interesting weekly challenges!

See you guys here on Aug. 14th!
  • wlfsilva1955
    wlfsilva1955 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi All, I'm 61 and need to lose 80 pounds, so this challenge will help me on my journey. Doing my own diet, trying to eat clean, lots of veg and lean protein. Exercising everyday, little weights every second day and cardio every day. I've lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and hope to lose a pound a week on average. Current weight is 96kg/212pounds, my scales are in kg, so I need to convert to pounds to post here. Is check in Sundays... DJPiP3 says see you on 14th?
  • jadeous
    jadeous Posts: 133 Member
    Yup weigh ins every Sunday. I made a google doc spreadsheet that we can all keep track of our weights on. Sounds like you guys are well on your way already. I am at about 287 right now. I got down to 250 from 300 back in 2014 using mfp then I fell off the wagon and got back up to 310. Ready to get going again after two years of eating crap and not exercising. Hopefully we can all motivate each other to reach our goals.
  • Gottaluvpink24
    Gottaluvpink24 Posts: 25 Member
    Hi everyone! I need to lose about 90 pounds!! :( I am hoping having this group to help motivate me and keep me on track will help get me to my goal.
  • 80px
    80px Posts: 9 Member
    Hey all! I've got 100+lbs that I want to lose in the long run, but I figure 20 by 2017 is a good place to start. I also have a 5k to run in October!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Need to lose about 22 pounds. Would love to do that by year end.
  • Kacyrh627
    Kacyrh627 Posts: 3 Member
    HELLO all! I'm 38, a full time college student, mom of 3 teenage boys and an Iraq combat veterans wife. There's a lot of "meat and potatoes" dinners, and bacon! Lots of bacon! Ugh! I have about 60 lbs to lose, with high cholesterol and heart issues alreday being battled. I have 2.5 dogs who need to be walked daily, so I'm hoping this group will help keep me motivated (if not for me, then them!). Looking forward to being part of a group!
  • janeymox
    janeymox Posts: 6 Member
    Count me in. Good luck everyone!
  • monies5771
    monies5771 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all! I need to lose 80 pounds. Have been using MyFitnessPal for a week now. Need motivation!
  • jsmith0724
    jsmith0724 Posts: 50 Member
    Hi! I would like to be included in this challenge...seems like it will be good motivation!
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Hi everyone, since my "last 7-10lb to lose" has somehow (via peanut M&Ms and cake :o ) become my "last 15-20lb to lose", I need something to get me back on track and to stop the weight creeping up again!
  • sassymedic1426
    sassymedic1426 Posts: 66 Member
    Good morning! I have 125 lbs to loose. In 2011 I lost over 60 lbs with assistance of MFP but gained it all back and then some. I am currently at 300. I would like to loose at least 25 by the end of the year. I did these type challenges in 2011 and they helped A LOT with motivation and accountability. I tried again last year and just dropped off the planet so this time my goal is to keep moving and not give up!
  • Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 261 Member
    Hi everyone I would like to shed 15-20 llbs by year end
  • acia90
    acia90 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi everyone! I have about 90lbs to lose in total. I think 20 lbs by 2017 is a great goal and a great kick in the butt for me.
  • burkr9
    burkr9 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi have to lose 50 pounds in total but 20 pounds is a great goal to start with
  • peanut1012
    peanut1012 Posts: 81 Member
    Hi all!!! I'd like to lose at least 20 lbs. A lb a week sounds doable. Glad I found this group. Good luck!!
  • Rinde99
    Rinde99 Posts: 393 Member
    Hi all! I got off the couch on 6/27 and started eating right and exercising 6 x week. So far I've lost 13.4 lbs with 28.6 to go(42 total). I'm really looking forward to being accountable every week and being motivated by the challenges. Best to everyone! Remember, there is no trying, there's only doing!
  • riveroaks2
    happy to find support,husband not supportive at all with weight loss
  • riveroaks2
    had lost 80 pounds,family issues ensued and am an emotional eater.put 30 of it back on before I knew it.HELP!!!!!