New member - Hi!

Options
mjacobs811
mjacobs811 Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
Hey guys, I'm new to phentermine but not myfitnesspal. I started phentermine on 8/9/16 because my doctor recommended it once my blood work came back with me being prediabetic. He has also put me on a low carb diet. I usually weigh on Mondays but I was dying to know if anything had been lost so I weighed this morning and had lost 6 lbs. I know the majority of that is water weight and I can't expect a big loss every week, but I'm super excited to see some progress. Getting the prediabetic diagnosis seems to have given me the motivation I needed to do something, and the phentermine is helping with my energy and appetite. I don't think about food all day which is great. And I've been getting up at 4 every morning so I can walk about hour before getting the kids up and ready.

I'm excited about keeping going forward. If anyone would like to add me in looking for friends who are doing the same thing as me. I don't have much support from the hubby on the medicine part so I'd love some support on here.

Replies

• ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I am generally an "all natural" person but I finally decided to give phentermine a try and I'm so glad I did! I've lost just over 10#'s in 6 weeks and it has really allowed me to learn and practice some behavior modification techniques, really deciding if I'm hungry or wanting to eat emotionally, etc. My best advice would be to use this time that you're on the medicine to learn how not to gain back what you lose. I highly, highly recommend The Beck Diet Solution for behavior modification techniques. They are easy to do, not time consuming and have really made a difference in how I see diet/lifestyle.
  • mjacobs811
    mjacobs811 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I highly, highly recommend The Beck Diet Solution for behavior modification techniques. They are easy to do, not time consuming and have really made a difference in how I see diet/lifestyle.

Thanks for the reply. Is that a book that I can buy or just something I should research on the Internet? I'm sure it would help because I eat when I'm bored or emotional, not just when I'm hungry.

• ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    It's a book. I bought mine used from Amazon for less then $8, I think. In my mind, it is especially important to get a handle on this if you're a bored or emotional eater b/c the weight will come back on if you don't deal with that issue while you're losing.
  • Boise_Mom
    Boise_Mom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome. I have been on Phen since May 3, and it has really helped me get past the sugar cravings! Best of luck!
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Lots of Support here :)
  • dsbrennan74
    dsbrennan74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am starting Phen Monday morning after my week long vacation. I took this 6 years ago and lost 50 pounds. I really hope for the same type of success again. I am currently at 238 and my short term goal is to be undet 200 with ending goal weight os 155.
  • Boise_Mom
    Boise_Mom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Helol! Welcome! Best of luck! It sounds like it has worked well for you in the past.