Motivated by first week results

aliblain
aliblain Posts: 175 Member
I know that the first week usually sees quite a lot of water weight loss however I'm quite pleased to have lost 5.5 lbs in my first week of IF 16:8. :) I have around another 28lbs to lose to be at quite a slim weight for me so I'm not massively big to start with so to me, 5.5lbs is a great start. I've started off simply by reducing carbs (no refined sugar!) and will work at getting my fat and protein ratios up. I'm keeping to 1300 calories a day (I'm breastfeeding an older baby) and not currently having much opportunity to exercise apart from running about after my 3 year old and cleaning!! My husband is doing IF with me but is a firefighter so is much more physically active than me and is already in pretty good shape.

Replies

• formylover
    formylover Posts: 34 Member
    wow, congrats! I started a HFLC diet and i'm thinking about starting IF. I'm still reading about it to see which type of IF to follow without collapsing ^^. My husband would never follow me in this so i'm going to have to survive watching him eating beside me.
  • aliblain
    Thank you! I totally recommend the 16:8 version- I think I would struggle on 5:2. What I love about 16:8 is that I cut out all the snacking in the evening. I usually eat 10am-6pm or 11-7.
  • ashleytread
    ashleytread Posts: 6 Member
    The 16:8 is working well for me too, I eat from 11-7 and it's not too difficult! Just give it a try one day. If I start to get hungry, I have a sparkling water, or take a shower, or go for a walk - or all 3!
  • sweetbug0130
    sweetbug0130 Posts: 125 Member
    Awesome! I'm doing the 20:4 plan and I'm down 5.1 lbs in three days!
  • aliblain
    edited September 2016
    That's amazing!
  • Hi, I just recently started 16/8.
  • jabu12345
    jabu12345 Posts: 42 Member
    aliblain wrote: »
    Thank you! I totally recommend the 16:8 version- I think I would struggle on 5:2. What I love about 16:8 is that I cut out all the snacking in the evening. I usually eat 10am-6pm or 11-7.

Yeah, 5:2 is a tad overwhelming so I do only one daya week. My rest day consists of 600 cal. My energy level is surprisingly insane on that day.