Joining today

Options
I would gladly pay someone to chop vegetables! Need to eat better, but cost and time are convenient excuses...but I still use them!

Replies

• Booper21
    Booper21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I understand your thoughts. I am with you, working full time and trying to chop vegetables is difficult. Bottom line is I want to loose the weight so I am going to see if I can carve out the time to do what it takes.
  • churrie
    churrie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Noreen. What is it about chopping vegetables? I just don't want to do it. Last night I chopped onions and peppers for fajitas but I would have preferred to be doing just about anything else (except ironing - that must be abolished).
  • Charlasek
    Charlasek Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to chop vegetables if someone else does the dishes!
  • auntjudith254
    auntjudith254 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'll chop the vegetables if someone else does the ironing. I agree, it should be abolished. Whoever made up that rule that clothes need to be smooth anyway?
  • dougandmary
    dougandmary Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will chop your vegetables if you clean my bathrooms!! Buy a good knife, and play some boogie music while you chop! if needed, youtube, chopping vegetables to get the technique done. I could chop all day long!!
  • MyWitchySelf
    MyWitchySelf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a beef with laundry, folding in particular!! I would love to chop veggies instead!!

• nomadlady7
    nomadlady7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Would rather chop vegetables than fold laundry (and put away) or dishes. Try to meal prep my lunches a week in advance so I only have to do once.
  • cepelger
    cepelger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find if you blast some good music cooking in general becomes more fun ... I work in a deli department so i'm cooking and doing dishes all day and don't want to come home and do that all over again ... so unfortunately have to do it or i don't eat so music comes in handy
  • kethealthy
    kethealthy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my Cuisinart for a lot of chopping! I've also heard it's good to chop them when you get them home from the market.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    doesn't bother me at all....actually enjoy it. I have a lovely butcher block right next to the stove so I cut my protein first and then start chopping my veggies and complex carbs. The more color the better.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I used to have a schedule when I worked.... shop on Thursday night on my way home from work or else Friday morning. Clean and chop vegetables Saturday or Sunday...store in the Tuperware container with the valves in the end. they keep really good in that container. Then all week is all I needed to do was reach into the container and grab out veggies...

Retired now - but I still do it.....otherwise everything ends up in the rotter drawer !!!

About ironing... if you have a metal ironing board, take the cover off, remove the legs, scratch the metal up and use a little chalk paint to make it look old (if it isn't already) hang on your wall and use metal clips or clothes pins to hang pictures on.... or use hose clamps to attach small jars to it to put various items in....ironing is overrated :)