Finding things tough going - OT a little

Options
Carnivorekat
Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
I am visiting my sister at the minute and she is a vegetarian and eats a lot of carbs - I am really struggling with my food choices this week - I am constantly hungry and totally not satisfied at all. I am feeling grumpy and finding her moods tough going. She lives on a remote island so it's not easy to just go to the shops to get foods that I can eat.

My son is hard work too, but she just doesn't get him and so has actually caused a few meltdowns with him - I was so looking forward to this holiday but I have not enjoyed it at all - I just want to go home but have 5 more days - my sister is off on a course in a day and I will be in charge of my son and niece for our last couple of days so hoping I can turn things around a little.

Sorry to rant but can't do it anywhere else - one thing I am going to take from this though is how much I have missed my ZC lifestyle it has given me some clarity.

I love my sister but she has just been hard work !!!!!!!

Replies

• supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Under those circumstances, you can only just try your best with what is on hand. Perhaps the coming week will be a bit easier. Not an ideal vacation.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    And the time will fly by and you'll miss your sister again..but you can settle back in at home. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Probably all those carbs she eats
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Just hang in there! A few more days and you'll be home and back to your woe and settling back into your normal routine with your son.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Rants can help, and this is a great place for it! The time will pass, and you will be the one to make the choices again.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna or salmon with lots of Mayo - almost always available at tiny little stores on tiny little islands.... ask me how I know, lol.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Probably all those carbs she eats

mwhahahaha, probably!

Good luck and hang in there - you can do this in spite of her carrying on!
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    Will be doing the food from tomorrow for the last few days and managed to get to the shop today so hopefully I can have a bit more control - so looking forward to getting home on Friday
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    dmariet116 wrote: »
    Carbs=Cranky This feeling I know all too well! I was stressed out like crazy eating a vegan diet from the time I was 10 until I turned 21. I added meat but never went keto til recently. I can sure tell a difference too! I am going zc and hope that I see an even improved state of zen!

I totally get this - have only been doing her way of eating for a few days and feel my mood has deteriorated severely - am looking forward to a juicy steak when I get home to sort my low mood out
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Getting to eat good food = good moods too! Hang in there, and try to enjoy some special time as much as you can! Safe travels home this week!
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    2. If I eat high fat will my body merely burn the fat I'm eating for fuel instead of my body fat and stall weight loss?
    - Weight loss is all about caloriesIN versus calories OUT.

Dr. Fung constantly teaches the OPPOSITE..it is much less the calories in* (LCHF is proof of this as many eat more calories and quickly lose weight) as it is CALORIES OUT..meaning when you lower calories with a standard LFHC diet, exercise heavily, the body lowers metabolic activities protectively ..causing hunger, weakness,etc..

As he says there is NO VAT of calories waiting to be used...his recent talk at a Medical conferences wonderful..he gives this all over, JUST seeing the explanation can teach how much our BODY is in charge, not us.
    *and no, not a crazy 10,000 calories a day

Dr. Jason Fung - 'Therapeutic Fasting - Solving the Two-Compartment Problem'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk